Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
08 Forester XT
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 08 fxt still on stock sussprension..im in need of new tires, i still have my fxt wheels i was wondering how thick of a tire can i go 235/50? let me kno dudes

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,739 Posts
I believe with the stock offset of +48, 235 might rub in the rear. Your best option might be 225. I go here when I want to see what will fit. Plug in your stock setup on one side & what you want to go to on the other side & read the data. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,167 Posts
^^It does not sir. It is very close, but does not rub. When looking at 235's pay close attention to section width and don't go over 9.5". Currently I'm running 235/50 Bridgestone's on +48 rota's with stock struts, it is lowered on pinks, but I do not think this affects things at all, if anything it would reduce room.

I asked about rims, cause those may stretch or reduce section width of the tire.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,739 Posts
If I read the OP correctly, he's running stock XT wheels, so that's going to be 7" width, with a +48 offset. On say a 8" width, the difference (tire width) is is placed on either side of the wheel offset. IMO, the optimal tire for this wheel & offset is 225.

I'm running 235/45-18x7.5", +42 offset on my '07 FSXT, with the stock suspension & it places the wheel pretty much flush with the fender edge. On our '03 X, we're running 235/50-17-7", with a +40 offset, again with the stock suspension, places the tires flush with the fender edge.

As to rubbing. If it's going to be very close, the brand of tire could make the difference of rubbing or not. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
i got a 08 fxt still on stock sussprension..im in need of new tires, i still have my fxt wheels i was wondering how thick of a tire can i go 235/50? let me kno dudes
Your best bet would probably be a 225/50/17 or 225/55/17. A 235 -may- rub the rear struts, it really depends on the tire, and its a bit wide for a 7" wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts