Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '16 Forester XT Premium with stock rims. I need new tires and I am looking for some recommendations. I need something that will preform well in the snow, but that I can run all year round. I use my car for commuting but take it up to mountains almost every weekend for skiing, mountain biking, or hiking. It sees plenty of snow and fire roads. I don't want a crazy aggressive tread, but would like something a little more aggressive than your "typical" tire. I want the aggressiveness for both performance and looks. I believe the stock tire is a 225/55-18 and I would like to stick to this size if possible but I am ok with some slight variation. Please let me know your thoughts! Thanks.

·
Administrator
16,401 Posts
G'day & Welcome aboard!

We'll need to know your location in order to answer your question:

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium
1,308 Posts
I have General Altimax RT43 on my Forester. They perform very well in dry and rain. They did well in the snow we have had so far. I tend to drive a bit on the aggressive side and they stick like glue. I have had them almost a year and am very happy with them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check out the Michelin Cross Climate +.....new in the USA and rated very good by Consumer Report. We are replacing the stock Yokohama Geolanders on the 2018 Foresters with this tire based on all the information that we have reviewed. Seems great even in winter conditions.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring CVT
783 Posts
@Ruffian
From what I found, for now, Michelin Cross Climate + come in limited sizes only, nothing close to stock size. My short list is :
-Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady (expensive)
-Toyo Celsius (expensive)
-Nokian wrg3 or wrg4 (reasonable)
-vredestein quatrac 5 (cheap)

I am in Chicago and I drive only about 7k per year so any of those will work for me. It will depend mostly on current availability

·
Registered
9 Posts
@ Beluga

Sounds good...we are just searching as well and I have a friend that has the same size as you but he is choosing to purchase new rims to be able to get the 17 inch tires. But thanks for the suggestions...we are looking specifically for wet traction as the stock tires on my 2018 Forester have only 5100 miles on them but in light misty conditions going 35 - 40 mph on a curvy road I felt a slide. Called the dealership today and they confirmed they were a low end tire and not very good for wet conditions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts