Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got an '03X 5mt. I know caspers makes them but if anyone knows the part# I need that would be a big help. Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oops, I was rushing out of the house as I put that in and didn't proofread it. I'm looking for the rear o2 sensor extension (not the mechanical CEL fix).

Caspers Electronics Oxygen Sensor Extension Harnesses - SummitRacing.com

I think my rear o2 sensor crapped out and rather than solder in an extension (when I don't have a soldering iron) I'd like to get it done nice and neat. I've got the OBX EL header which is why I need the extension.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,857 Posts
From a quick read, I believe those are to "extend" or relocate the existing O2 cable/wiring, not really for a repair. As in, plug in the existing O2 sensor cable plug into it & the other end into the chassis wiring connector. :confused:

If it's not for a "repair", those should work to extend the O2 sensor wiring. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2018 Forester 2.5i 6MT
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm definately need to buy a new o2 sensor, but rather than solder it in to the existing wiring, I was going to pick up the extension too to make the whole thing nice and neat. So I would be getting both a new sensor and the sensor extension.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,857 Posts
Okay, got it! :smile:

I'm not sure what extender part number you'd need, but I'm sure contacting the seller with what you're going to use it on would get you the info you need. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts