Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what all is needed to do a top feed conversion? If i am correct i believe you only need the top feed tgv's along with the fuel rail/injectors and fuel lines. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
I was wondering what all is needed to do a top feed conversion? If i am correct i believe you only need the top feed tgv's along with the fuel rail/injectors and fuel lines. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
correct.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great thanks for the fast reply. would i need to put an inline fuel pump in to suport 1000cc injectors or will the walbro 255 still work. the dc shouldnt be that high at all

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
great thanks for the fast reply. would i need to put an inline fuel pump in to suport 1000cc injectors or will the walbro 255 still work. the dc shouldnt be that high at all
Well, doing some quick, generic math...

1000cc/min X 4 injectors X 100% DC X 60 min/hr = 240 liters/hour demand

The walbro 255 is rated at 255 liters/hour at 43.5 psi.

That doesn't capture all of the variables, but there is some quick math for you. So yes, a walbro 255 should/can keep up with 1000cc injectors, even at 100% DC. You are getting close to the limits though. Obviously, you want the pump to easily outflow the injector demand.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
If you need TGVs, and want to do a delete, go with these JDM Top feed ones:

RalliSpec - Engine | Intake & Exhaust

I have the side feed version and they're awesome.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/801505-post109.html

Their site says that a modification is needed to mount to the STi red intake manifold so double check with them to see if there is a mod needed on the Forester manifold (although I doubt there would be).
iirc you need to slot the center mounting holes on the intake manifold as the jdm ones are off by about 2mm.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
you sure those are topfeed? iirc 04-06 was sidefeed with 07+ going topfeed? Could be totally off on this though (looking to replace my rusting sidefeed rails).
No, you are spot on. Earlier post is corrected as well. Thanks for the info.
It's hard to keep a misc. pile of parts straight...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts