Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
11 sec club
04 Cayenne TT
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the hardware kit from TurboXS because they told me over the phone that "it has everything you need to mount the exhaust system, including gaskets". Well it doesn't come with the turbo outlet gasket for one, but I also have no idea which gasket goes where (other than the donut) or which bolts go where. Does anyone have an instruction sheet from doing an install? I'm just trying to figure out what goes where.

F

·
0 Posts
the head said:
I ordered the hardware kit from TurboXS because they told me over the phone that "it has everything you need to mount the exhaust system, including gaskets". Well it doesn't come with the turbo outlet gasket for one, but I also have no idea which gasket goes where (other than the donut) or which bolts go where. Does anyone have an instruction sheet from doing an install? I'm just trying to figure out what goes where.
The Copper one goes between the axel back and the midpipe. The other round one goes from the downpipe to the cat or offroad pipe. You dont need a new turbo gasket, I reused my stock one.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You will never get a turbo to DP gasket... just the ones that go in between the pieces of the TBE...

as far as install, it's pretty straight foward...

I bought mine used and got no instructions... just look at the sizes of the flanges to figure out the gaskets, and then look at your stock exhaust to figure out where spring bolts and what not go...

if you are still having problems, tell TXS to get you some struck-shins... ;)

why not just take it to the shop day tomorrow? I'd do it for ya, but I can't go to the shop day, plus I have a ton of stuff going on right now...

·
11 sec club
04 Cayenne TT
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's going to be packed at the shop day. I don't mind doing it by myself and I'm really wanting to try it on without gaskets to see how low it hangs down. If I don't like the fit then I'm likely yo go with something else. On top of that I have a heat shield on the way since I don't want to carve my stocker up and if it does fit to my satisfaction it's going to be thermally coated. So I'm still a couple of weeks away from it really going on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts