Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester Auto
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Forester XT
I replaced the power steering o-ring and it would stop squealing, but the next day it would squeal again and the o-ring was broken. Did this like 5 times and each time the problem would go away at first then come back the next day with a broken o-ring. Used OEM Subaru o-rings.

Replaced the power steering pump twice along with all the hoses, turned the wheel back and forth, etc. The steering was better and the squealing wasn't as bad. There was some air in the reservoir but not bad; fluid would slosh around but no bubbles.

Drove it around for 15-20 minutes and then all of a sudden it got bad again and the squealing got worst. Now there is bubbles in the reservoir again and the fluid is being pushed out of the reservoir.

There is no fluid leak under the car or around the wheel wells.

Anybody have any idea what is causing it to keep going out? I've replaced almost everything on the power steering.

·
Registered
2004 Forester Auto
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those links only mentions replacing the O-ring, hoses, and changing the fluid which I’ve done multiple times. Doesn’t mention anything about why it’s still squealing even after everything has be replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts