Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys:
I got STI 5speed short shifter for sale and somebody ask me a question about fitment for 1995 Impreza.I will copy his question.If someone knows please let me know.EDIT I forget to mention but my shifter is # C1010SA000
Thx guys

"Hey I have 1995 5-speed impreza and I was wondering if I could use this as long as I replaced the wornout linkage joint with the newer style. The only difference I see between this linkage and the
c1010FA001 is that it doesn't have a hook for a return spring. Will this linkage allow me to eliminate a return spring altogether? Thanks"

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
The hook for the return spring is on the big washer if they use their washer instead of the one that comes with the kit that may work. However, I'd really have to see pics to be 100% sure.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx Peaty I was hooping that somebody will get me anything.I will try to contact him and get some pics

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
Funny...I was putting a 99 JDM Forester turbo shifter assembly in my 95 Impreza L tonight...lol

The new shifter assemblies will work, but you have to reuse the return spring assembly, including the bushing plate that the spring hooks too. Basically, he will be able to mix and match parts to make it work.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was wondering is this might be problem and need to confirm.what about the shifter joint? As far as I know, the spring hooks to the bushing area and the joint area. I do want to be %100 sure beffore I sell this
Thx guys

·
Registered
2004 Subaru FXT MT
1,841 Posts
I'm not sure what joint you are concerned about. If you are selling the entire assembly, it will work. The buyer might have to mix and match parts, but it will work. I just did it this weekend. Only parts I reused was the return spring (which is now too light) and the bushing plate the spring attaches too...

·
Registered
05 Forester XT
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That was his question,and not sure what he means with that but thanks.I will let the guy know

1 - 9 of 9 Posts