Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSXT
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need Help Selecting Tires!

I am currently waiting on My BBS Goldies, now I am searching for a awesome set of tires!

I drive aggressively and I enjoy taking corners. I live in Florida and never see snow or ice.

I need them in a 225/50/17 size.

Im looking to spend about 450 on tires.

Thank you and I look forward to your advice!

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Don't forget to take a look at all the information Tire Rack has done with their survey comparisons. You can use that for some pricing info at the same time. Believe me when I say everyone will have a favourite tire that may or may not work for you.

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,670 Posts
I would recommend Falken Ziek 912 or General Exclaim UHP. They are right around that price range.

·
Registered
2016 Outback and WRX CVT
2,589 Posts
^ Yeah, I'm about 2/3 of the way through my current set of summers, a set of Hankook RS-2 Z212s of which I've been very, very happy with (the decision was arrived-at after extensive consultation with my local Subaru enthusiasts, who, not only are they very cost-conscious, also happens to be a really dedicated AutoX bunch).

I will be due for replacement in another year or two, and while I know that, by that time, new offerings are likely going to surpass the price-for-performance levels of the three top-ranked tires in that comparo, I at least know that if I decide to drop down a tier and get "past technology," I'd likely be more than happy with those three offerings.

:smile:

·
Supporting Vendor
2008 All
883 Posts
There some good suggestions here. I'd recommend looking into the Eagle GT as well. This tire packs a punch and with the current rebate shouldn't be to far off your price range. Here's a link. Click on the icon below the image that says "Product Details". There is a lot of technology in this tire without a lot of extra price.

Goodyear Eagle GT

·
Registered
2007 FSXT
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There some good suggestions here. I'd recommend looking into the Eagle GT as well. This tire packs a punch and with the current rebate shouldn't be to far off your price range. Here's a link. Click on the icon below the image that says "Product Details". There is a lot of technology in this tire without a lot of extra price.

do you guys do Military discount?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts