Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been looking for a car to replace my CRV and I've decided to splurge and get a brand new 2010 Forester. Here's the situation...

2010 Forester 2.5x Premium with AWP
$23,466 OTD (includes all taxes, fees, etc...)

2010 Forester 2.5x Limited
$25,042 OTD (includes all taxes, fees, etc...)

Is the limited really worth it? From what I understand, it's a better stereo, fog lights, and leather seats...

BTW, how's the pricing look to you guys? They basically said about $1500 below invoice is what they could do.

Also, there are no dealer add ons at those prices, just the car at that trim level.

I need your advice from the Forester Community!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Premium/Manual
46 Posts
Those prices seem pretty good, comparable to what I was quoted last month (in southern Calif). My best quote was 22,000 for premium-AWP (manual trans) before taxes and fees. But the 2011s are due soon and the dealer probably wants to move the 2010s, so you may be able to get another G knocked off. Worth a shot, esp if you're paying cash. Take those quotes to another local dealer and see if they'll beat it or throw in a service package for free. Does your Limited have the AWP also? Or are you trading AWP for the other Limited features? You need to figure out what features are useful for you. AWP is useless for me, so I didn't get it. And I don't like leather, so I didn't price any Limiteds. Foglights look sharp, but not too foggy where I live...

That said, the stereo in my Premium is of only moderate quality. It's fine, but as an audiophile I'd prefer a better system. The ipod interface is awkward, the NAV system probably has better controls. I may just upgrade the speakers for a few hundred bucks. Good luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the limited already come with the AWP? When I'm on Subaru's site, I can't select AWP if I'm already looking at the limited trip level.

·
Registered
2010 2.5X Limited
38 Posts
I paid about $200 less for my Limited PZEV. That included the cargo cover, rear bumper guard, splash guards, but did not have the Navi.

The only reason we went with the Limited over the premium w/ AWP was because of the leather seats. I don't really like leather seats, but with a dog and a 3 yr old I knew that it would save me lots of time cleaning up dirt and spills. So far I'm thankful for the decision. We weren't necessarily wanting the Limited for the fog lights, 6 CD changer, or the climate control, but we didn't feel like it was too much more for those options.

Yes, the limited has the AWP (heated windshield wipers, mirrors and seats).

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X Premiu
83 Posts
Different strokes for different folks, but are you sure you want leather? I had it on the Acura and I'll never get leather seats again. They're cold in winter, hot in summer, and use up precious hours of my life needing to be cleaned/treated.

Almost all stereos provided by the manufacturers are crap ... some is just slightly better crap. If you care about music quality, you're going to replace pretty much everything anyway.

Fog lights. I guess they look ok, but I've managed to get through 53 years of life without really *needing* them.

Now, if other people *like* these items, that's cool for them ... I"m just giving my own $.02.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
Is the limited really worth it? From what I understand, it's a better stereo, fog lights, and leather seats...
The Limited also includes automatic climate control, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter handle, and a removable cargo-area tray. All of the Premium's optional AWP items (windshield wiper deicer, side mirror heaters, front seat heaters) are included with the Limited.

Another key difference is the transmission. The 2.X Premium's "standard" transmission is a 5-speed manual, and the automatic 4-speed is an option. The 4-speed automatic is standard on the Limited.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looking to pull the trigger!

Is this a good price! Somebody stop me before I head down to the dealership this evening!

2010 Forester Limited 2.5x
Options:
CA2 (CA2) PZEV CERTIFIED WHERE REQUIRED
CA3 (CA3) SUPER-ULTRA LOW EMISSION VEHICLE
CA4 (CA4) PZEV WARRANTY STATE SPECIFIC
D9B (D9B) SUBWOOFER KIT
K9D (K9D) AUTO DIMMING MIRROR W/COMPASS AND HOMELINK
O9A (O9A) LUGGAGE COMPARTMENT COVER
P9A (P9A) SPLASH GUARD KIT
P9J (P9J) REAR BUMPER COVER
Q9A (Q9A) PUDDLE LIGHT KIT

I am looking at
$24,814 + tax
around $25,588 after tax

more "improvements" over the standard limited, but feels like a good deal...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow...when will this game end.

I just got a call from another dealer and he says he can do $24,500 plus tax.

I feel kinda scummy throwing this back at the original dealer, but if I've got a low offer, I might as well see if the original dealer will match or throw something else in!

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Premium/Manual
46 Posts
It's your money! Don't feel scummy! Seriously? Dealers are expecting this in the digital age. Go with the best deal and negotiate out-the-door price vs base price, that lets the dealer know not to mess with a bunch of meaningless addons when you get to the finance room. Your 24.5 price looks good to me. Try to get a year's free maintenance if your first dealer can match the price, and pull the trigger! You'll save a few hundred bucks on maintenance for an overall good deal.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
10 Posts
So I've been looking for a car to replace my CRV and I've decided to splurge and get a brand new 2010 Forester. Here's the situation...

2010 Forester 2.5x Premium with AWP
$23,466 OTD (includes all taxes, fees, etc...)

2010 Forester 2.5x Limited
$25,042 OTD (includes all taxes, fees, etc...)

BTW, how's the pricing look to you guys? They basically said about $1500 below invoice is what they could do.

Also, there are no dealer add ons at those prices, just the car at that trim level.

I need your advice from the Forester Community!

Thanks!
Those look like good prices to me...just bought a '10 2.5x Premium AWP with fog lights and a few other goodies and paid $24,500 at a "no haggle" dealer. (we haggled over the trade-in instead). Any extras you can get at subaruonlineparts.com, which I found through this site. Way cheaper than dealer, and so far I've installed everything myself no problem. The tweeter kit is WELL WORTH the aftermarket $80 cost, it will give you the same sound of the Limited's stereo, which is to say about 100% better than the Premium. Amazing when we're talking about adding just two 1 inch speakers. You'll love the Forester, I drove the 2010 CRV and it was no comparison. Good luck!

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT
10 Posts
If you don't go for the Limited, I've done fine with cloth seats, but suggest a couple of cans of Scotchguard from Walgreens. It'll take you 30 minutes. For the stereo I got a Subuaru subwoofer which really helped the sound. You'll love the car either way. I've had four and each one's been great for many years.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Work it, play em against each other and get the best deal. Then, pull the trigger!!

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
34 Posts
Seems to me you're in a good spot if the dealers are competing for your business--you know neither one is going to lose money on whatever deal they offer you so don't feel bad.

I think the cost of the upgrade to the Ltd. is well worth it, but that's largely personal taste--I find most of the numerous little upgrades handy. Be aware that the leather seats feel different than the cloth other than just the material--for some reason I found the leather to be much more comfortable than the fabric, so you should test that out if you haven't already. After almost 2 years I find the leather cleans up very easily and still looks brand new (I had an Acura also and the leather was total crap--had to be replaced at 21k miles). As for the stereo, it pretty much stinks either way, it's just a matter of degree. $24,500 sounds like a winner to me.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Done!

Driving home my new 2010 Forester Limited tomorow!

$24,500
Subwoofer
Puddle Lights
Self-Dimming Mirror with Homelink
Rear Bumper Cover
Cargo Cover
$969 5 yr/100,000 mile warranty
$720 in state taxes (no city or county tax)

Pretty happy with the deal!
:banana:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It was a perfect storm...end of the month, a bunch of 2010's still on the lot...a salesperson not going to meet quota...

I've heard some rumors on the 2011's...HID's, 5 speed auto, and what not...but I don't think you'll be able to get a smoking deal on a new...but you will have all the new bling!

Now I need to find a place that has accessories!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts