Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I swapped my wheels over the weekend, I noticed that my rear pads were pretty worn down. They are starting to squeal every so often when I brake. I've changed pads/rotors on more simpler cars, like my corolla and integra, but it seems the forester may be a little more difficult. If I just want to change out the rear pads, will this just be the usual take off caliper bolts, remove pads, compress piston with c-clamp and old pad, spray down with brake cleaner, re-install pads with some anti-squeal lube on the backs, and bolt back on caliper job? Or are there more steps that need to be done? Can any one provide me with a link with a DIY instruction about the rear brakes.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2004 WRX
2 Posts
Sir, Yes that is all that needs to be done. Insead of taking off the caliper and the bracket. Take off just the upper part and not the bracket. To do this remove the lower slider bolt then simply flip it up and slide the other pin out whole. Then you can get to the pads and lube the sliders easily without taking the entire bracket off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts