Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 XTi Cross Sports 4EAT :(
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to possibly replace my rear drum brakes with disk brakes and have a possible source from a member on the forum here for rotors, pads, and rear calipers but I would need the caliper brackets.

Where could I find some? I've only seen big brake upgrade brackets online and am having a hard time finding the stock FXT brackets.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
There is a seperate bracket, and I should have a pair I can part with. The caliper attaches to the bracket which attaches to the knuckle. The bracket is usually included with the caliper though. It is the part that holds the pads inplace.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a seperate bracket, and I should have a pair I can part with. The caliper attaches to the bracket which attaches to the knuckle. The bracket is usually included with the caliper though. It is the part that holds the pads inplace.
If this turns out to be the case and I don't get the bracket I might take you up on that if you do have them.

BTW: I'm getting close to being able to afford to have you install that sub kit for me anyways so if all works out I could possibly purchase that from you to at the same time.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
From my other thread...

You need the entire hub to mount it up with the associated E-brake equipment etc. Swapping from drums to discs is a little more involved than just unbolting the drums and bolting some calipers and rotors on.
Someone here posted this:

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f68/rear-disc-conversion-54502/ and http://wac.addr.com/auto/obs/disc/disc.html

Looks like that is most of the information I need. But getting the parts is the hardest part I think.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
He is near me, so if he needs a set can can give him mine!

If you need the hub/knuckle assemblies, check out WRX-TX - Home. The one from the 02-05 WRX is a perfect fit. They list them for $125 each for the hub/knuckle/rotor/e-brake cable assembles. If you email them and tell them you need a pair, they usually will give a much better price.

I have the rear calipers/brackets and rotors from my XT if you need everything.

·
Registered
1999 FORESTER L
117 Posts
If anyone has a setup already for pick-up or ready to be shipped. I have a 1999 Forester L that I desperately need to swap the drums to disc. Does anyone know if I need to change the stock wheels 15" to 16" for caliper clearance?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts