Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased/installed the Aero Crossbars for our 2012 Forester and the Subaru Cargo Basket but it doesn't come with the mounting clamps. I check with the local dealer and the part they say I need is e361sxa100 but it has been discontinued and I can't find it anywhere online. Does anyone know of a replacement part that can be used?

·
Registered
169 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. The parts shop says this basket is made by Yakima but I have yet to find a mounting clamp that will work. Pretty frustrated that Subaru would sell (and still sell) this Cargo Basket that says it fits on a 2012 Forester but not make the key part (clamp) needed to attached the basket to my crossbars. Both the Cargo Basket AND Cross Bars are on Subaru's website.

·
admin
6,625 Posts
I ran into this with our 2019 Outback. They discontinued the clamps I needed E361SAJ801. Found some on eBay.
Where are you located? I have several different ones sitting in a box. Might be helpful to fill in your user stuff in your control panel.
Good luck,
Richard

·
Registered
169 Posts
Thanks for the help. The parts shop says this basket is made by Yakima but I have yet to find a mounting clamp that will work. Pretty frustrated that Subaru would sell (and still sell) this Cargo Basket that says it fits on a 2012 Forester but not make the key part (clamp) needed to attached the basket to my crossbars. Both the Cargo Basket AND Cross Bars are on Subaru's website.
Look at the images on this page which show the current basket used by Subaru/Yakima under the current Subaru Part number:

https://www.daxtrade.top/car-racks-carriers-c-1_7/subaru-genuine-e3610as990-roof-cargo-basket-p-9222.html

Look under spare parts here, along with the image to find your clamps:

https://www.yakima.com/loadwarrior

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
karlaudi
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing