Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new here and in desperate need of some advice. My 2003 Forester, at 130k, gave up last week and is sitting at the garage awaiting my decision.

They're telling me that it needs a new engine, and I'm afraid they may be right due to what little I know about engines, but I don't want them to think they can treat me like a "dumb girl." (girl, yes...dumb, no!)

They're saying they can put in a used engine...I don't know that I want someone else's engine not knowing what they've done to it that it's no longer in their Forester!

Anyone offer me any advice, or point me in the direction of an affordable remanufactured engine? So far the cheapest I've come across is in the range of $3500, plus the $1000+ labor charge the garage has quoted me.

I fee like such a girl! :)
Thanks!
tsp

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,105 Posts
What exactly is the nature of the problem? I wouldn't take their word for it without knowing the details. Get a second opinion first.

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
6,091 Posts
Make sure you really need one first. Unless something went wrong, there's no reason a Subie engine should die at 130K.
Ask them what the problem is, then post and tell us. Also take it to another place, it always helps to get a second opinion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts