Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a stock 2010 (where are the 2011's?) Forester 2.5x Premium. It has nothing extra on it. I told the dealer to put mudguards on - he asked about a skidplate. At 9 inch clearance....hmmmm....I don't know.
I was on the phone with the guy so didn't have a vehicle to look at. What sort of skidplate - if any - does it come with? Any of you guys have skidplates? Does it make getting at the oil filter or anything else a real pain?
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,039 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT AT
1,295 Posts
Does the dealer even have a skid plate? Would be interesting to know what they were going to put on.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I must be getting slow in the head. It never occurred to me that it would be anything but a stock part. But, I can't find that Subaru actually HAS a skidplate...but, I may be missing something. Perhaps the dealer is selling an aftermarket part - most dealers have arrangements with local firms to supply special customer needs; maybe this is what's going on.

·
Registered
2010 2010 2.5X AT Premium
104 Posts
I must be getting slow in the head. It never occurred to me that it would be anything but a stock part. But, I can't find that Subaru actually HAS a skidplate...but, I may be missing something. Perhaps the dealer is selling an aftermarket part - most dealers have arrangements with local firms to supply special customer needs; maybe this is what's going on.
Subaru doesn't make a stock skid plate for the 2009 / 2010 model years, unfortunately. Fortunately there are third party suppliers like, oh, Primitive Solutions...

·
Registered
2010 Forester
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! This looks like it's right for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts