Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used white SF5 JDM spoiler and a black MESH grill (with the PINK emblem) that I need installed. And since my 2001 Forester is silver, I need these painted and installed. Plus there is some rust bubbles on the roof next to the windshield that I would like to get scraped and repainted.

Anybody can recommend a shop in North NJ? Thanks!

·
Registered
02 Forester L (sold) Manual
1,220 Posts
Might have better luck posting in the regional forum.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody?

Or maybe someone can tell me where can I order the right color paint spray so that I can paint the grill myself? It's the bottom part that is currently black that need to be painted... Thanks...

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
I have a buddy that does great paint work, he does installs, but he doesn't do rust fixes. He's outside Goshen, NY. let me know if you want his #.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, please. The rust might be just on the surface. So, all it will need is for the bubble to be scraped and repainted. If not, then I will just have him do the Grill and Spoiler. Is he cheap? Not cheap but not expensive? Or just expensive? Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
His name is Sean. He works at a local body shop, but has a side business at his house painting. Give him a call and tell him Bruce with the Silver ForesterSTi (that I sold) sent you. His # is 914-----443-----4323. His pricing was a lot better than the local shops that I went to, but not as cheap as some of the "shadetree" places that I went to. His work, however, was amazing. PERFECT color match, great job, definately recommended.

·
Registered
2001 Forester
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a bunch! I will definitely call him when it gets a little warmer. Been busy lately and have not checked here. In a week or two, I will have the WRX springs/struts that I bought months ago installed on my Sunny (that's the name my kids gave my SF5 based on the huge sunroof). I will take pictures before and after. People here tell me I should get at least a 2-inch drop. I will be so happy when I get that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts