Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT w/ 4WD on demand
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A Little Bio: I'm from the mountains of NC and greatly miss them, now living in North Alabama.
I bought my Fozzie in July after looking for 4 months. I was a member on this site before I even bought my Fozzie and I knew the Fozzie was a good fit for me.

So... down to business. Here is a list of my mods.

Disabled DRL's
STI Key
CAT back STI Exhaust
Arm rest extension
Fog light switch mod
Window Tint 35% wrap
Grounding mod
WRX Intercooler
"Botox Bolts"
Gutted DP, (will change it to a proper one when finances allow)
Paranoid Fabrication 1" lift with Subtle 3/8 Saggy Butt spacers
Interior Lights
Alarm confusion and here
Yakima fairing brace
BIU issue and repair
Aux Lights
Hood Dampers
DIY Mud Flaps
Subwoofer Storage
Mesh Grill
Mounted CB
Subwoofer
HOMEGROWN skid plate

Shifter
CLUSTER

And here are some more

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hood Dampers

I was looking on the forum one day and saw that a few people had put dampers or lift supports on their hoods, so I decided to take on the task of doing it myself. I love the fact that I don't have that stupid rod in my way. I used Mighty Lift PN: E95090 and fabed my own "L" brackets. You also have to find the ball bolts (or whatever its called) that snaps into the dampers. This should also work on the '06-'08 too.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aux driving Lights

when I added my aux lights I never posted any pictures of the light bar. I went simple and made an L bracket, drilled a hole in my metal bumper (MAKE SURE YOU CHECK WHERE YOUR DRILLING FIRST) and used my license plate holes for the second mount, using lock nuts (with the nylon O ring). After mounting the L bracket, I mounted a cross bar to space the lights out.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DIY mud flaps

Figured I would save myself some money and make my own mud flaps, except I wanted them to act like the RA UR's so I don't rip them off. I found what I was looking for at NAPA. Part# 821-7048 They're 1/4x12x18. I also Had to make a bracket for the back flaps to support the inside. Here are some pics for if anyone is interested.

Front

Rear Support bar

Both

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
HOMEGROWN Skid Plate

I have been wanting a skid plate for a few months now, but I really didn't want to pay $200+ for it. A local shop had an 1/8" 36x30 sheet of Aluminum for $42. I used a piece of cardboard to make my template and transferred it the aluminum. Luckily my work has a metal break, so I didn't have to break my back, just about had a kid bending it though. The finished side was really scratched up, so I used 80 grit sandpaper to give it a textured look. I used 3 5/16' washers epoxied together and 3" bolt with a ~2 3/4 stand off (didn't measure that).

Here is a link for multiple designs on skid plates. I used StealthTL's drawing for a rough idea

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
shoot noo! I was lucky enough to be working someplace where I could use their break. I forgot to mention I angled the back to avoid ripping it off backing up. I've seen some other members post on that, not pretty.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hidden Hitch with STI Exhaust

I installed a hidden hitch (uhaul) this past weekend and didnt think about the STI exhaust. For the FXT exhaust the hitch has a hole for the hanger and the exhaust bracket, but there is a tab in the way if you want to hang a larger hanger. I needed to cut the tab off for it to fit correctly. I had my father-in-law (a mechanical engineer) look at it before I cut off the tab that was there. It had no real structural support.

Here are some pictures I took of the modded hitch.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
7 Posts
Subscribed

Thanks for the advice and response on the roms. Subscribed. :)

Looking forward to seeing the 1 inch lift images.

Have you checked out bluefoxes 04 fxt journal? He is into an 05 now, but it has great info.

·
Registered
2006 Forester LL Bean Auto
205 Posts
Looks great! I like your mud flap idea since I too tend to fabricate my own stuff.

I scored a Subaru steel rear diff. skid plate for $6 at my local salvage yard, so I didn't have to make that one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts