Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
14,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally did it. I now have a Navman Pin 570. Dick Smith had it on special at A$838. I found one at Ryda (ryda.com.au) for A$819. So in I went to DSE armed with a Ryda printout and they agreed to price match. So then I asked, as I was going to purchase other stuff, could they give me the A$888 packaged deal with the external antenna (A$68) for A$838 – they agreed. I got a 1 gig SD card for A$99 (was A$148 but also on special) and a 5 pack of DVD’s. I also took up the 5 year parts & labour warranty option for A$99.95. So I’m all set to navigate! (I’m yet to turn it on) :)

·
Registered
04 XT Auto
298 Posts
When you get sick of it telling you how to get to all those places you already know how to get to, try getting GPSDash.

http://gpsdash.com

It gives you a nice display of your speed, time, aceleration, altitude and a host of other things.

I've had the original Navman PiN for a couple of years, and the GPSDash is used a LOT more than the turn by turn navigation. (I guess I don't go to too many new places anymore.)

Rob.

·
Administrator
14,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks interesting! :) My main aim is to use the maps shared by our local Subie Club members for our off-road treks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts