Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2015 forester cvt automatic
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Forester Touring 2.5 that came with navigation. It never was really used, now when I need it, it is dead. Cost to replace head unit at dealer is over $1800. Any ideas on aftermarket unit to replace the OEM one?

thanks, Donna

·
Registered
2015 XT Touring CVT
267 Posts
Check the audio sections lots of people post their replacements. There is a sony ax1000 that is relatively cheap and has AA and carplay for navigation. Crutchfield is a good place to shop because they send all the wiring harness and installation materials with their units. I just use waze on a dash mount since the OEM nav is so outdated.

·
Registered
2018 Forester CVT
147 Posts
I upgraded my 2018 infotainment to a Kenwood 9904s what helped was a son in his youth was an installer for car and home entertainment.
I looked at a lot of videos to understand what I needed to get the radio out. On the 2018 Forester was the bottom two bolts were the most difficult next to the telemetric unit that had to be stuffed to keep STARLINK active. CarPlay works and that was the main reason we did this. Would I do it again YES!
Lou Cioccio

1 - 4 of 4 Posts