Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 limited nav cv
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my limited with nav for about 2 months. I've used the navigation a few times and it really seems like it has no idea on the estimated arrival time. I've previously had a Garmin and it was way more accurate. For example, we left for a short trip this weekend, initial arrival time 5:00 pm. The time kept dropping a minute or so probably due to my speed - similar to my Garmin. But, about 20 miles out from our destination the arrival time starting dropping rapidly - we actually arrived 50 minutes before the initial time. That is a huge difference. I wasn't driving that much over the limit! Also just to test it I navigated home from about 3 miles away and it stated I would arrive in 20 minutes. Is it just my unit or my map area, or are others seeing this too? It's really useless for planning since it's so off. Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5 Touring CVT
174 Posts
I've had my limited with nav for about 2 months. I've used the navigation a few times and it really seems like it has no idea on the estimated arrival time. I've previously had a Garmin and it was way more accurate. For example, we left for a short trip this weekend, initial arrival time 5:00 pm. The time kept dropping a minute or so probably due to my speed - similar to my Garmin. But, about 20 miles out from our destination the arrival time starting dropping rapidly - we actually arrived 50 minutes before the initial time. That is a huge difference. I wasn't driving that much over the limit! Also just to test it I navigated home from about 3 miles away and it stated I would arrive in 20 minutes. Is it just my unit or my map area, or are others seeing this too? It's really useless for planning since it's so off. Thanks.
I've noticed that mine is a bit conservative, too. But, on a 12 hour trip recently, I would guess it was off by almost an hour.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Touring CVT
17 Posts
I took a 121 mile trip on Saturday. I've driven this route often and it usually takes me 2 hours, or less if I push it. When I set up the route I noticed that the Forester nav estimated 2 hrs and 21 minutes driving time. I thought that seemed too conservative. I basically drove the speed limit. Driving time was smack on 2 hours.

I have a late model Garmin that I'm real happy with. This morning I checked the route in the Garmin and to my surprise its estimate matched the Forester's!

But I've also noticed, like you have, that the time given for a short trip, like the 5 county road miles to our nearest gas station is estimated to take 20 minutes. I haven't compared this estimate to the Garmin's yet.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
46 Posts
I have noticed this as well with our WRX. I usually look at it like I do google maps. I think Garmin is the best as well, but for some reason factory's don't seem to want to use them. My last car a 11 Ford Edge had Tom Tom maps in the factory Sony unit. That one was about 5 mins conservative and worked great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.