Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Where to have a National FXT Meet??

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Fear the Gorilla!
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We used to do this in the SE-R camp. And matter of fact it is still going on. I was one of the first to do a small local autocross for SE-R drivers we had about 20 SE-R show up to begin one of the first "national" SE-R get togethers. We had the autocross and a cook out with small awards for fastest autocross time and best SE-R

I would volunteer to organize something on the East Coast. Either Mid Atlantic or Western PA. We have a great autocross track and full track and Beaver Run in PA. Also offer my house patio and grill for barbeque and bench racing. Please vote on your interest.

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
GTP said:
Also offer my house patio and grill for barbeque, beer drinking and bench racing. Please vote on your interest.
Fixed.

Sounds good to me but I am limited in my schedule (due to my current situation) so probably couldn't make it :(

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
ANd what about us on the western side of the states??

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,449 Posts
DonutKing said:
ANd what about us on the western side of the states??
Yeah... sounds more like an East Coast Forester meet than a national meet!

That's OK, we already have a meet of our own out on the West Coast. ;)

·
Fear the Gorilla!
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No I am inviting all people out. Left coasters are welcome. The logistics of trying to organze it in Kanasas would be tough because I do not live there. I am failry close to the Eastern Coast and could arrange it much easier. Plus I know good autocross and track day venues.

If need be I can locate a hotel for lefties and arrange to have a block of rooms. Just let me know who's interested in driving or flying out.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,063 Posts
I say we should meet in the middle of the country to make everyone happy :) Humm let's see where is the middle, Lawrence KS I think. I know where that is ;) right by Topeka where they hold the National Solo events and Home to the SCCA

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,449 Posts
^^^ what Peaty said!! Middle of the country would make it much easier for those of us in the western half of the country to attend.

·
Fear the Gorilla!
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh no....its back again...after 7 years on the SCCA circuit I never thought I 'd get to go back to Kansas again. There is a new venue this year for Nationals as well. They do have a tune up autocross the week of nationals run by the local SCCA chapter. We could make that part of the outting?

·
BLUE WASABI, (#2 Info Provider)
2008 SG Model D
9,051 Posts
Peaty said:
I say we should meet in the middle of the country to make everyone happy :) Humm let's see where is the middle, Lawrence KS I think. I know where that is ;) right by Topeka where they hold the National Solo events and Home to the SCCA
Yeah, we could all go to Peaty's house and Peaty could install a bunch of stuff for us on our cars as a visual display of the powers of scoobymods:p :lol:

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
.. after which Peaty will quit hanging with Subaru folks and shut down ScoobyMods. :D

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,063 Posts
The most Subaru's I've had at my house at once was about 11 one time I had a Subaru BBQ :)

·
Fear the Gorilla!
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Peaty said:
The most Subaru's I've had at my house at once was about 11 one time I had a Subaru BBQ :)
MMMM...barbeque Subaru sounds good. I 'll have that. (Lloyd) Dumb and Dumber

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
You could make it fair for everyone and have it in Hawaii ?

·
Administrator
29,449 Posts
Angry Toaster said:
Everyone knows we have the best weather over here in Southern California. :p
Except during Rim of the World Rally... ;)

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,249 Posts
Peaty said:
If you build it, I will come.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts