Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pulling the LGT rims with Star Specs off for track only and wanting to throw on new rubber on the Subzeros I just picked up for daily driving. A local guy is selling brand new 225/40/18 Nankang NS IIs for $70 ea. I like the price but the reviews are all over the place and most arent AWD. I plan on picking up some Kuhmo Ecsta Vs so the price would be nice to offset the Vs for future use.

Anyone with input on these for dailys? Take into account I live in Florida.

TIA

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
In every head to head tire comparision/testing I've seen, Nankang tires were by far the cheapest, but also finished last in nearly every catagory.

If your looking for a cheap daily driving setup they might be ok, but I wouldn't expect much. For the price I'd just get soem 08+ STi takeoffs. They seem to go for $300 a set, and are a much better tire.

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia, V70R auto
2,885 Posts
I had nsII in that exact same size on my mazda3. I got them only for the price. They were okay, but I never did any autocross in them and they are absolutely horrible in snow.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,792 Posts
Nakang's are god awful, people here have hated them since day one. If you want cheap but the RS2's on closeout or a Fuzion or somethign reasonable. Better to pay a little more for a decent tire than to cheap for a POS set. I would put Nakang's on a car I was selling only to say it had "new tires" on it.

·
Registered
05 XT MT
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nakang's are god awful, people here have hated them since day one. If you want cheap but the RS2's on closeout or a Fuzion or somethign reasonable. Better to pay a little more for a decent tire than to cheap for a POS set. I would put Nakang's on a car I was selling only to say it had "new tires" on it.
:lol: Ok, I get the picture. I think I will just go with the Falken Ziex 912s for $100ea for the win.

Thx guys

1 - 7 of 7 Posts