Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Forester Sport - Ice Silver Metallic, Option pkg 24.
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Been on this site for couple of months now browsing and researching and finally pulled the trigger on a 2020 Sport in late September and placed an order on my Forester.
Prior to this car, my previous Subaru was a 2018 Crosstrek premium trim. My other cars are a 2015 BMW X5 MSport and have many other BMW's prior to this.
I chose a Subaru for its legendary reliability and AWD system since my plans are to use the Forester for recreational and commuting. I also upgraded from the Crosstrek because I had a baby a year ago and it was a pain to load and unload the growing toddler into the car seat. Either I would hit my head on the roof line or Id hit his head. :)

Anyway, my main plans for mods are as follows.

1. To switch out the tires to an A/T ( still debating on getting either Yokohama G015 or Hankook Dynapro in 235/60/18 )
2. Roof Rack bars thinking the Yakima roof racks not sure which style yet.
3. Rear Tow Hitch mainly for transporting a few bikes. I think I like the Torklift Eco hitch. Still researching.
4. Either Nameless 5" Exhaust or Lachute Performance axle back. Still researching on this too.

Here are a few photos.
Sub.jpg
Sub.jpg
sub0.jpg
sub2.jpg
Sub1.jpg
sub4.jpg
sub5.jpg
sub6.jpg
sub7.jpg

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This particular metallic color changes when it is cloudy and sunny.

Grey.jpg

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester
143 Posts
I am shocked that in your pics the Foz looks to be almost the same size as the X5. To my eyes a beauty except for the red/orange trim which seems to cheapen it. And the more I look at the images and the lack of such lipstick on the X5, for my personal tastes that is the way to go. I will keep an eye out and see if I like it better in person as compared to my reaction to the pics. Still, congrats on your new acquisition and I hope it serves you well.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am shocked that in your pics the Foz looks to be almost the same size as the X5. To my eyes a beauty except for the red/orange trim which seems to cheapen it. And the more I look at the images and the lack of such lipstick on the X5, for my personal tastes that is the way to go. I will keep an eye out and see if I like it better in person as compared to my reaction to the pics. Still, congrats on your new acquisition and I hope it serves you well.
I wasn't too fond of the orange/red striping either at first. I actually didn't like that it was bigger than the previous generation Forester as well. However, after receiving a new one as a loaner while my crosstrek was being serviced, I started to like it more and eventually it grew on me. It does set this car apart from every other Subaru on the road though.. gives it a unique look.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to add that the Forester is actually smaller than the X5 in comparison. The photos just doesn't show it very well.
Here are the specs.

Forester
Wheelbase: 105.1 in
Length: 182.1 in
Width: 71.5 in
Height: 68.1 in

X5
Wheelbase: 115.5 inch
Length: 192.30 inch
Width: 76.30 inch
Height: 69.40 inch

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Added LaminX Film cover overlays on the LED fog lights.

Laminx1.jpg
Laminx2.jpg
Laminx3.jpg
Laminx4.jpg
Laminx 5.jpg

LaminX 7.jpg
Laminx 8.jpg

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cquartz Paint protection Ceramic Coating applied.

Cquartz 2 (2).png
Cquartz 3 (2).png
Cquartz 1.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Forester Sport CVT
134 Posts
Did you have to remove the fog light surrounds to apply the LaminX Film cover overlays?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you have to remove the fog light surrounds to apply the LaminX Film cover overlays?
No,
They go right over it. However since these are plastic and tend to stretch a few cm, you might have to tuck the ends into the trim which wasn't an issue.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
39 Posts
Does the laminx film sticks on the to the fog light like vinyl or is it like a rigid plastic where it’s stays on if you kinda tuck the film into the sides of the fog light? (If that makes sense)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does the laminx film sticks on the to the fog light like vinyl or is it like a rigid plastic where it’s stays on if you kinda tuck the film into the sides of the fog light? (If that makes sense)
Its a flexible vinyl film which is thick and it goes over the Fog light lens cover. One side is sticky and was told it is easier to install with a spray bottle of water. I didn't use water so my installation was a little bit more difficult. The film stretched some and I had to tuck it under the trim with a flat plastic card.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
39 Posts
@Nam J. thanks man. I think I’ll pull the trigger and purchase one soon. How you liking it so far? I know there’s the whole debate if yellow fogs are better for the eyes or just for looks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is my understanding regarding the fog lights in general. Technically, yellow or amber lights cut through thick foggy conditions better than white light for visibility for you as a driver and for other drivers to see you coming. The yellow light cuts through the mist while the white light is reflected back to the driver.

Also the white light to me is not really fog lights, instead they are “driving lights” to assist in visibility along with your headlights.

At the moment, the LED headlights both low and highbeams seem to do its job perfectly that I don’t need additional driving lights to assist in visibility during night time driving. So I decided to utilize the fogs with yellow lights for that bad weather visibility assistance.

With that said, I don’t have my fog lights on unless it is foggy, snowing, or raining hard enough to impact my visibility.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts