Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
177 Posts
I agree with a custom job. If you don't have the cash to get a $400-500 name brand exhaust, get a custom job from a local exhaust shop.

A local, independent exhaust shop in St. Paul only charged me $~70 for the bending and welding of a muffler I brought in to have fitted on my old Impreza RS. The muffler (magnaflow) cost me $~60 online. The sound is awesome but just changing the muffler won't gain you much HP. Just expect the sound and the image you get for the muffler.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The regular single outlet can. "Satin Stainless"

The polished ones are just for the bling, if you wanna pay more for something that shines its up to you

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
177 Posts
IIRC, stock for the RS is ~1 7/8". The MY99 Forester should share the same exhaust since it shares the same engine and HP output. It wouldn't hurt if you went 2 1/4". :D

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Which style, besides for finish, the "Oval" or round with the inlet to the side or straight? Tip....

Any vids of you subaru before you got rid of your cat?

D

·
0 Posts
I'm in the market for an exhaust for my 2006 Forester X and I don't know what to do??? I'm not looking for the obnoxious sound, just some improved throttle response and some hp gains, Any one have an exhaust on their 06 Forester X??? Any help would be awesome.
Thanx

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
dlroto said:
I'm in the market for an exhaust for my 2006 Forester X and I don't know what to do??? I'm not looking for the obnoxious sound, just some improved throttle response and some hp gains, Any one have an exhaust on their 06 Forester X??? Any help would be awesome.
Thanx
The Stromung exhaust fits perfectly on the '06 Forester as well. For those looking for just an axleback solution, they do have those available as well, and the pricing is $450.00

I'll throw in free shipping to the first person who buys one.

:D

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Our local shop "Don the muffler man" charged my friend 95.00 for the muffler/installation, probally the route I'll go.

·
Premium Member
2009 Fozzie XT Ltd 4EAT
553 Posts
I love my cobb exhaust

it is a SF-specific exhaust

I will, at some point, eventually, post a sound clip :p

·
Registered
563 Posts
SenorSubie said:
I'll probally go with a custom job. I've had good luck at a local
muffler/brake shop before "Don the muffler man" What type of
magnaflow have you guys got?

Here's one

http://www.hottexhaust.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=14315

Another

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?target=/egnsearch.asp?N=400636+4294923429&rsview=prod

And ebay's got a load of them for under 40 bucks

Greetings

I got this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magn...ewItemQQcategoryZ33636QQitemZ8030722210QQrdZ1

This is a good value when you consider you getting SS and Tip!
If your not in a hurry, make a low offer and he will counter and you can counter until you can find a price that you happy with!

C

·
0 Posts
I found the magnaflow to be too loud when the header and cat are also upgraded. Maybe I'm getting old... The Borla header and random cat combined add a really tinny sound. The thing that reduced the tinn noise the most for me was a resonator. Header wrap also helped a little. I like the XT muffler since it actually muffles. Once the ECU adjusted with my chip I feel like I have alot more power, but my clutch now escapes in 5th at times and I don't think it's worn out. This is the second N/A forester I've owned and suped up, the stock clutches seem too weak for upgrades..

Mufflers I've tried on my 2.5L N/A Forester/s: Magnaflow, SPT RS (piping was too close to stock for me), WRX, and XT.

·
Registered
2006 RX8
423 Posts
Forced Air Technologies on mine. Its a great sound without any droning...looks great too! I do have a sound clip/video I can email you if you are interested.

Jeff

·
Registered
2015 RDS Manual
883 Posts
yeah I'm still thinking about a new exhaust and I think Cobb is the way to go ... for me... at least haha

oh dlroto I see you have a Veedub too!

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I have no idea what I want to do now

Stromung/Cobb

Cobb makes an SF specific exhaust?

My head hurt...s...

600 dollars is scaring my wallet also

·
I am the KING
looking for SF5
870 Posts
b and b is what i had on the STi and I loved it very nice deep and throaty without the cabin noise

achan whose the hottie as your avatar? Shes gorgeous!

21 - 40 of 47 Posts