1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stromung, Cobb.. magnaflow?...??..?

I'm still in the market for an aftermarket exhaust, thought it might be
usefull to get some feedback to what people recommend and what you
guys are running/ price. Any sound clips would be appreciated but don't
feel that you need to post one. I a total newb when it comes to exhaust
and this would probally be a spring project for me.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
Are you looking for one that splits flames and smells like a poorly tuned old American car? Or one that actually improves performance in a efficient way?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,459 Posts
For an NA Forester you can't beat Stromung IMHO. Top notch quality, and it sounds fantastic. :D

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pleiad7 said:
For an NA Forester you can't beat Stromung IMHO. Top notch quality, and it sounds fantastic. :D
Where's a good place to buy Stromung exhausts?

Probally a slim chance they actually manufacture an exhaust for an older forester, what other exhaust would be compatible?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,459 Posts
Roo sells Stromung, and they have made an SF Forester specific exhaust for quite a while. :)

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,687 Posts
pleiad7 said:
Couldn't agree more. I've had my Stromung muffler on for almost 20K miles now and am extremely happy with the quality and sound of it. You also can't go wrong with SS. I have mikebike357's unused Stromung midpipe sitting in a box right now, and just ordered their highflow cat from Roo today. These will be going on at the same time hopefully shortly after I get the cat pipe. Looking forward to the mo' powah!!!!!1111!!

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Roo, hook us up. What is the cost on this?

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To keep cost down I'm probally just looking for a muffler as of now.

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
mikeyfireman said:
Roo, hook us up. What is the cost on this?
Price is $578, I have one in stock for the first person who wants one.

I'll even pay the shipping!!

Or, mikeyfireman, I'll drop it off at your house. For you, I'll eat the tax.

:D

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
SenorSubie - try the axelback first and see if you like the noise. I'm glad I didn't put the midpipe on because on long trips at 80mph the exhaust is LOUD IMO. I even dynamatted the entire hatch area.

Now, around town it's a blast. Volume isn't bad and I love the popping. People look around for some fast looking car... what they get is a Forester w/ tons of gear on the roof! :)

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
ScoobyDoobie said:
I have mikebike357's unused Stromung midpipe sitting in a box right now,
I can't believe you haven't installed that yet! Mad p0w4r awaits! Haha!

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
mikebike357 said:
SenorSubie - try the axelback first and see if you like the noise. I'm glad I didn't put the midpipe on because on long trips at 80mph the exhaust is LOUD IMO. I even dynamatted the entire hatch area.

Now, around town it's a blast. Volume isn't bad and I love the popping. People look around for some fast looking car... what they get is a Forester w/ tons of gear on the roof! :)
BTW, Stromung has made a *SLIGHT* modification to their exhaust system that makes it a *LITTLE* quieter than the previous version.

:D

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still looking to see if there are any cheaper alternatives, 600 is too steep but I'm sure its an awesome exhaust.

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,371 Posts
there aren't a lot of options for direct bolt on exhausts for the Forester. If you want to go cheap, go custom.

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
SenorSubie said:
Still looking to see if there are any cheaper alternatives, 600 is too steep but I'm sure its an awesome exhaust.
http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40742

Rallitek Catback. They are having a sale for $499 shipped!!!! This should bolt on with no problems because the RS has the same exhaust as the n/a Foresters. I would jump on this if I didn't have a performance exhaust. I am still rockin' my COBB.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
My custom magnaflow catless header back came out to a grand total of $350 installed and everything. No tax here in Oregon
Custom is the way to go esp. for NA
Mandrel vs. Crush is such a small difference for the price you pay (unoticible-.0000099859847383HP)
Magnaflows have a good muffler, with their strait through design, they are also on the quiet side IMO. Before i went catless the drone was very soft

1 - 20 of 47 Posts