Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 subaru forester
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's the question guy's, i got a nail on the sidewall of my tire. discount tire said they cannot patch it because is too close to the sidewall. i got 3500 miles on my foz. can i just get 1 tire or i need to get all 4 tires? hope you guys can help me.:confused:

·
Registered
2010 subaru forester
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just worried that if i buy 1 tire would mess up my AWD system.

·
Registered
07 XT
70 Posts
If I had the same happening to me, I would just get 1 tyre... If you want to be really pedantic, get your spare out and put it in the front with the new tyre, get the other best 2 on the rear axle and the left over tyre as the spare...

Cheers,
Pedro.

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,378 Posts
If I had the same happening to me, I would just get 1 tyre... If you want to be really pedantic, get your spare out and put it in the front with the new tyre, get the other best 2 on the rear axle and the left over tyre as the spare...

Cheers,
Pedro.
That doesn't solve the problem at all. Besides we don't have full size spares in the U.S.

This has been discussed 1000 times. The tires need to be no more than 1/4" different in circumference. Getting a new tire shaved is an option. With only 3500 miles on these tires you probably can get away with just buying a new matching tire.

·
Registered
07 XT
70 Posts
Besides we don't have full size spares in the U.S.
Humm, that's a bummer...

Is that changed with the SH introduction? I guess I'm lucky I own an MY07!!:banana:

Note: just checked the Subaru AUS website and the SH models here come with a full size spare, interesting.

Back on topic, I agree with you that 3500 miles is not enough to cause any problems in just replacing one tyre.

Cheers,
Pedro.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,736 Posts
I agree. That low mileage shouldn't show much wear on the tire.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,070 Posts
I agree with others, with 3500 miles just get one tire and move on.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,950 Posts
I encountered similar situations twice when my Forester was young. Each time I simply replaced the tire and got on with my life. The Forester is still doing fine at >150k miles, so I guess I didn't break anything.

While the concept is still very valid, Subaru has backed off of the stringent 1/4" spec mentioned above. I suspect that their introduction of the donut spare forced their hand, as it would otherwise clearly be a major violation.

·
Registered
2020 Touring
151 Posts
Fatmonk, having just hit 3,800mi myself if I took a nail it would be a no brainer, one tire and back on the road.
To look at my tires now they look brand new, one tire (same as the rest on the car) and you're good-to-go.

·
Registered
2010 subaru forester
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks to all of you. so ill just get a new geolander. thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts