Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out if I wana do an NA build on my 99 Forester. Already have intake, exhaust, header. I would get cams and a PP6 ECU and build it up. if not I would swap in a Turbo engine using a megasquirt. What do you guys think? I wana stay under $2000 :biggrin:

·
Registered
2001 Forester L
404 Posts
I wanted to do a NA build, but after doing lots of research, I came to the conclusion that it cost a ton of money before you see any results. I would love to do it if I had extra money to spend, but an NA build is not very economical.

So for now, I'm going to spend my money on upgrading my suspension and hopefully someday down the road I'll do a swap.

If you haven't already done so, this thread has a lot of good information for NA builds.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,017 Posts
Do an H6 swap and call it a day. Pick up the engine from an older SVX or Legacy (EG33 or EZ30) and spend the cash on the EMS system. If you snagged an older engine though (pre-EZ30R) you should be able to run the stock ECU from the donor car theoretically.

·
Registered
1999 Forester
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do an H6 swap and call it a day. Pick up the engine from an older SVX or Legacy (EG33 or EZ30) and spend the cash on the EMS system. If you snagged an older engine though (pre-EZ30R) you should be able to run the stock ECU from the donor car theoretically.
Thats an option I would def. consider. Id have to find if I can source one here in Puerto Rico. I was quoted at $1800 for an engine, labor and a megasquirt ecu with tuning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts