Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 05 Forester X to replace my faithful Honda Civic (no rice). It had 160,000 miles when everything seemed to wear out at once. Anyway, new here but not to webforums. Hoping to learn more about Subies since this is my first one.

:D

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome glad to have you here, let's hope we can help you out when needed.
You can help us out some what by adding some vehicle info to your Signature. That way it will show up everytime you post making model specific responses easier. At the same time you could add some location to your Public Profile, you might find people near you that share an enthusiasm for Subaru's or could help out with some advice regarding servicing in your area.

In fact I know you will enjoy this thread http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f73/md-va-pa-thread-9424/

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2004 FXT Premium 4EAT
229 Posts
Welcome. Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,739 Posts
Welcome to the Subaru family. Enjoy your new-to-you ride.

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone:) Here is a pic taken with my cell at the dealership. Some older woman owned this car and drove it about 8k a year. Looking for upgrades now.

Looks like I'll have to make 13 more posts before I can post a pic. I'll hold off on buying a sub until I check this place out a little more.

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took my dad for a ride today. He was very impressed. Clean used car. I can't wait for winter.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,083 Posts
Welcome! We’re glad to have you here.

You've already done the first thing we ask of new members, and that's to provide an honest to goodness geographical location in your profile. The more fine-grained, the better! Pennsylvania is a big place, so can you narrow it down a bit? This is helpful to all of us in suggesting local sources of parts and service (and offering personal help). And you've put the vital info about your Forester into your signature. All this lets us do a better job targeting our answers to any of your questions, and it makes it so that you don't have to remember to include this info in the text of your posts if you’re asking for assistance or advice.

In case you haven't already come across it, we've got a great FAQ sort of thread called Common problems, need your help! that everybody ought to become familiar with. It will point you to some of the best posts on how to deal with a lot of the more common situations you might encounter. And also look at the stickies up at the top of each forum's listings for answers to many of the most significant aspects of owning a Forester. Start with the stickies here at the New Member Introductions forum for info about Foresters in general and about how this place works.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've already read the rules and FAQ. I was aware of some common problems with Foresters (Fozzies) before I purchased. Those problems are not enough to deter me as I know they are good, reliable vehicles. My car is an auto because I needed something that the wife can drive too. I hated giving up my stick, but its more convenient in the long run. I've been checking out links to sponsors for some add-ons. I will update my profile with a more exact location. But I'll give you a hint, I don't drink "pawp" or call people "y'ins."

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. Loved Niagra Falls and Louisville is on my "to go" list. Want to get to the LS factory.

·
Registered
2005 Forester X
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I want to get back into modding. I had a lightly massaged Focus (please stifle your laughter) back in the day. The problem is that given my profession, I need to keep it legal. Its illegal to modify the existing exhaust on a car in PA. So I'm pretty limited.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts