Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I have had a 2004 Subaru Forester 2.5X (white) for about 6 months now I inherited from a family death. I freakin love the car, the awd is amazing in all weather conditions. I just wish i had the turbo. My next car has got to be the wrx sti. oo ya.
The reason I registered is because I am installing a new CD Deck, AMP, & subs and wanted to see what others have done.

I just purchased the Pioneer DEHP3100UB SCD deck, have a 3600 watt ma audio amp, 1 farad capacitor, with (2) 12" alpine type R subs and am planning on putting them in on the 31st. I dont have too much experience but am extremely technically inclined.

this will be a journey. just wanted to say hi!

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X 5 speed manual
2,137 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Post up some additional info on your Forester, specifically the transmission type. Some folks on here will be able to give you some tips on getting a little more pep out of your NA engine. The turbo is fun, but there is a trade off since it follows a more strict maintenance schedule and requires premium fuel.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,959 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Sorry to hear of the loss of a family member, but I'm glad the Forester was passed on to you. My father left me his '03X when he passed away. After years of fun MODding, I passed it to my son when I moved on to an '07 FSXT. :smile:

Post up a picture of your '04 Forester so the members can look it over. You're required to have 15 posts to link to a host (to prevent spamming), but you can attach pictures (thumbnails) now. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Not too sure on the transmission type. I know it's an automatic. I posted pics of the front, back, side, and the speaker box in the trunk that i'm going to dive into installing once my parts come in. I ended up ordering a 4 awg amp install kit (Lanzar LQ43 Contaq) after reading that anything larger than that would prob be overkill. Due to not being able to create molds and whatnot, i'm thinking i'm going to just mount the amp/cap on the back of the back seats (passenger side) due to not being too creative. I'm just wondering where to run the cables. I noticed the floor panels along the door are extremely easy to take off, so i'd prob start there.
I'll take pics of the amp/cap when i get home.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm going to post pics of the entire install. just in case someone else out there wants to "do it themselves" and has the basic questions like I do about just routing cables, where to route the power cable from the battery into the cab of the car etc..

Also. the gain control nob for the amp had to be removed from a different car, so i had to cut the connection. it looks just like a 4-wire phone cable. anybody know what i can use as a replacement since i had to severe the other one?

·
Super Moderator
35,959 Posts
Thanks for posting pictures. I always liked the 2 tone look! Your transmission is a 4EAT.

As to running wires to the battery, take a look here at my write up. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the reply. I have been reading your posts all morning and just hadn't made it to that section yet, i'm extremely impressed. That was the exact spot i was going to look into, i just didn't know where the other side went quite yet.

thanks again for the help. have you seen anyone who used the guage add-on for the dash but put a gps unit in it?

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
would you suggest going through the center console with the wires to the amp? Or did you just do this because of the placement of your amp? I'm not too sure where to run them exactly.

also, the custom switch you made to shut off the sub... does it disconnect the power, or just the signal (rca) connection?

·
Super Moderator
35,959 Posts
Yes, there have been some here that have used the double DIN dash POD for head unit nav combo.

As to running wires. For my installation, the center console was the easiest route. There's plenty of room to run wiring along the carpet, on either side of the vehicle. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

1 - 12 of 12 Posts