Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2007 forester
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 forester 2.5x naturally aspirated. i been looking into a cold air intake that pulls air from inside the fender. i see pictures of this on only older models that dont have a MAF sensor. Does anyone have pictures of a NA forester 06-07 with an intake that the filter goes into the fender above the wheel well? would i need to take the fender off to remove the stock airbox for the aftermarket intake? would i have to take the fender off every time to just clean the filter?

I was thinking since the stock intake already gets air from inside the fender, it wouldnt be as good to put a cone filter under the hood. My primary purpose is to save gas while adding style.

And these are my first pics of under the hood... check out the battery, grounding system, and wires for my woofers

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 forester
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
+1 for style
+0 for saving gas, just get a high flow panel
Wahht. im sure itll save a little because it would provide easier airflow.

What about pulleys? are those very time consuming to change? or will it take me only a few hours? i kinda want to change at least my crank pulley because at one time this car was in an accident that pushed bumper into the radiator bending it back far enough for the condenser to hit the crank pulley and scuff it. it doesnt look bent or anything, theres just a scratch on the pulley.

·
Registered
2014 CVT
826 Posts
Wahht. im sure itll save a little because it would provide easier airflow.

What about pulleys? are those very time consuming to change? or will it take me only a few hours? i kinda want to change at least my crank pulley because at one time this car was in an accident that pushed bumper into the radiator bending it back far enough for the condenser to hit the crank pulley and scuff it. it doesnt look bent or anything, theres just a scratch on the pulley.
not as much as you think, a high flow panel would do the same, think about it like this, who spent millions on finding the best way to bring air into your engine??? subaru or that dude on ebay.......:chair:

and for your pulleys, dont quote me on this, but you'll most likely need a puller, or atleast need to move the rad or fans out of the way to get the room you will need

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
^
What he said, I though about working out a custom intake. But without millions backing me I'm sure I couldn't produce one as good as factory. Sure you could remove the silencers and get an intake sound, but as for flow, it's designed that way for a reason. The panel filter is a good choice to get a little more flow though. Also, that black box is there for a reason, it provides the engine with a source for air when it is producing low vacuum which results in more low end torque as the motor is not having to pull air through the full intake when it needs a quick burst.

Also, for pulleys you do need the proper tools to do it right!

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,726 Posts
Check out the SF link in my sig for some pics of my 99' MAF Injen CAI that ran into the fender. On my 99', I did have to pull back the fender liner to remove the snorkus. as well as when changing the filter. I believe it is different though for the newer subarus, you don't have to take off the fender liner to get the snorkel out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts