Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
03 Tacoma Auto
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so my 2013 forester X is garage kept.. and recently I've noticed a clear puddle towards the front of the vehicle, approx underneath the oil plug area.

It's my wife's vehicle so I've just regard it as the A/C condenser water... There is a clear puddle at the origin of the leak and then it flows towards the garage wall where it seeps into the concrete floor. It looks just like a line of water.

Over time I started to suspect why the puddle doesn't dry out. My theory that it was A/C water building up over time started to not make sense.

I took a paper towel to it and lifted up a slightly oily liquid. It was odorless definitely didn't have the same consistency of water. The liquid didn't get immediately absorbed by the paper towel as water would. I've also noticed some clear crystals sheets within the liquid.. Almost like ice but it's not. I could smash it with the paper towel and it would break down into small pieces.. It felt as if the crystals were melting into the liquid.

I checked the fumoto valve I installed after the 1st oil change and it is dry. I've also parked the Foz out on the driveway and saw no leaks over a period of many hours. So this liquid must have leaked out at one point in time and stayed there.

Today, I sprinkled baking soda all over it and it started to react! so the clear liquid is acidic!

I'm at a loss of what it could be!?

I would so phone this story in to click and clack.. if they were still on air :(

·
Registered
2000 Impreza, 2003 Bugeye Sport, 2010 Base, 2014 Base, 2015 Premium, 2017 Limited, 2020 Touring
1,020 Posts
Exhaust gas condensation from the muffler weep hole? It is usually clear and slightly greasy feeling, never tested it for PH though.

·
Registered
03 Tacoma Auto
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
would the weep hole be located in the area i described?

What about the crystals I discovered?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts