Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures of what the MY11 Forester will look like? I know the MY10 has only just come out, but just wondering what Subaru are going to do to the next model forester??

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,813 Posts
I'm hoping that they'll at least give it a little refresh with an freshened grille and bumper covers perhaps, but I don't expect them to do anything, really.

I am hearing quite a few rumors flying around about an Impreza refresh in 2011, but these are just all rumors.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hoping that they'll at least give it a little refresh with an freshened grille and bumper covers perhaps, but I don't expect them to do anything, really.

I am hearing quite a few rumors flying around about an Impreza refresh in 2011, but these are just all rumors.
A few have speculated we may get the 6 speed manual in the XT.

I think they will also put in the SI drive feature. As I saw that it was included in a pic of a US model (I think) of what seems to be the MY10.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 2.5 Auto
95 Posts
I just recently noticed that there are no indicators in the wing mirrors like the SG model. that would be my first guess.

Secondly I think they will add projector style headlights and clear lenses to freshen it up a bit.

·
Registered
13 Liberty GT wagon AT
436 Posts
There's a number of things they could improve/change but it's unlikely they will alter styling.

Subaru often dont do significant styling changes between model changes - which is pretty sensible as it supports resale and models hold value better. The only exception I can think of was the " bug-eye" impreza change from a few years back where they quickly altered the styling within a year. Mind you, now they dont look especially out of the ordinary!

Things on the wish list maybe:
5 speed auto
6 speed manual
195kW WRX spec engine
diesel option with auto
uprated suspension for better balance
wing mirror indicator repeaters
interior light "off" switch
full ipod interface compatibility
LED rear lights

·
Registered
2010 Forester
121 Posts
What about the CVT they are using in the Outback? We test drove one before settling on the Forester and the transmission was very nice. Ten percent better fuel economy as well.

·
Registered
2014 CVT
826 Posts
i went on a test drive in the new outback and hated the CVT, of course im used to all the power that the H-6 puts out so going to a 4 isnt all that fun, and if you really want better fuel economy get a honda:biggrin:

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
Turbo model will likely get the 5AT, N/A models will likely get the CVT. I'd say its unlikely we get an STI style 6speed, but might get the 6speed available in the legacy.

·
Registered
2004 MY04
33 Posts
I was talking to my local dealer today and he advises/confirms:

* Forester diesel will have 6 speed manual (existing auto unable to handle the higher torque of the diesel engine)

? CVT for n/a forester (probably not as we discussed this transmission a few times recently)

? 6 speed for XT

I will ask about the other likely scenarios when I see him next...

·
Registered
13 Liberty GT wagon AT
436 Posts
Hmmmm - CVT is probably more likely than not (instead of the 5spd auto) for the NA Foz. You would think that Subaru would be aligning their drivetrains across the models a bit more. For example the Tribeca 3.6 is now in the Liberty/Legacy. But it depends on what is cheaper as they tend to run the Foz downmarket a bit and also stick with durable and proven trannies.

In any case the CVT offers superior performance with better economy/lower emissions so it is a no brainer for NA Foz and Impreza when they change things up. I haven't yet driven the CVT but I believe you can leave it "free" or have it operate as a 6 step auto trannie/clutchless manual with flappy paddles. 8.4L/100km aint half bad for the Liberty.

How or if that would work with a "low range" I dont know but they could make the 1st ratio lower to compensate.

5spd auto seems the obvious fit for XT - and would make it faster and more competitive (and maybe better for economy too)

There's no sight of an auto diesel yet - it will lob in EU first probably as that's where they put out the diesel first too. Probably years away which is going to lose lots of Subaru sales.

The unknown card is Toyota and what new technology they could donate to the cause......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts