Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2009 MY10 Forester XTP
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Anyone manage or know where to source the parts to add turn signal indicators to the MY10 Forester side mirror just like the old fozzie!
I dont want to do the LED arrow mod , after something more factory like.

Interesting idea that came up, noticed the Trebica mirrors are almost identical....not sure if it can be fit on a forester :)

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
First, Welcome

Looks like you'll have to do most of the ground-work as to whether the mirrors will fit from the Tribeca. What I can tell you that the SG model Foresters with the integrated mirrors will fit the base SG model that did not come equipped with the signals. Unfortunately the plugs which also operate the heated mirrors, do not have the signal wires in the wiring loom of the base model. You would most likely have to tap in further in the wiring loom to get to the signal wires. Not entirely impossible but may be more work than you think.
I'm going to assume that the 09-10 models are similar in not having the signal wires attached to the mirror loom. Do the Foresters in Australia have heated mirrors?

Which brings me to my second comment. We hope you stick around and you'll find many Aussie and Kiwi brethren here in the Australia/New Zealand forum and participating all over the forum. But you could fill out more of your Public Profile to indicate your location like NSW Sydney, Australia. We all share a lot of the similar specs in our Foresters but sometimes its good to know country of origin before giving a response. You can also add some vehicle info to your Signature. That way it will show up every time you post making model specific responses easier. Just use the pull-down menu in Quick links to Edit Signature or Edit your Details and you'll be good to go.

We're a friendly bunch here so we hope to see you around.

Cheers
Doug

·
Registered
2009 MY10 Forester XTP
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Doug!

Australia Fozzies don't have heated mirrors :), but sounds like I will give the Tribeca a shot, and I agree this is going to be a lot of work with the wiring . Doh!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts