Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FXT has 12,000 mi and has a symptom during hard acceleration that resembles skipping. This irregular symptom only shows up at higher speed acceleration such as when passing a car at 40-60 mph at full throttle. In other words, 4000 rpm and up with petal to the metal. Low speed but hard acceleration in first gear and lower RPM of 2d gear seems fine and the condition is not really detectable then.

This reminds me of the skipping problem of older cars if ignition wires were arcing to ground when acceleration. But it's not really prominent and might not be felt if the road was bumpy.

Always burning 91-94 octane.

I'll bring it to the dealer soon, but I first wanted you guys to have a whack at diagnosing it.

Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Limited
376 Posts
These vehicles are complex and my advice would be to see if someone near you can properly pull any codes you may be getting in order to help diagnose it because unless you get lucky and someone else has had the same issue already, it is going to be tough to hunt it down without scanning it and sadly enough, even similar symptoms are not necessarily a guarantee of exactly the same problem, good luck and please let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
2010 Forester XT
75 Posts
Are you getting a flashing check engine light? This would indicate a misfire.

I would suspect either a misfire or the ECU detecting knock and pulling timing way back.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you getting a flashing check engine light? This would indicate a misfire.

I would suspect either a misfire or the ECU detecting knock and pulling timing way back.

Nope. No lights. Everything is very normal except for the feeling of skipping/missing during hard high speed acceleration.

Bob

·
Registered
2010 Forester
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Must have been a fuel problem. Went away after several hundred more miles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts