Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2008 XS Premium
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a problem with my 08 XS Premium 5sp MT. I have just recently had my 50,000km service completed (all transmission fluids changed), and have been noticing at least twice a day the car will suddenly "pop" out of 3rd gear while driving.

It doesn't matter whether you are accelerating hard or not, but it's usually not long after engaging the gear.

I have contacted my service centre to notify them of the fault, and apparently it's a known issue (has happened to an Impreza with the same gearbox here in Australia), and require to replace some "parts". I don't know what these parts are they are talking about yet.

I'm yet to take it in to be fixed, but just wondering if anyone else out there with the same model has noticed this fault??

John.

·
Registered
2000 Forester L
26 Posts
I recently had a 5th gear pop out issue that was related to a synchro, it had to be replaced, that's probable the parts they are talking about. Mine ended up seizing up so try to get this done before that happens.

·
Registered
2008 XS Premium
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I recently had a 5th gear pop out issue that was related to a synchro, it had to be replaced, that's probable the parts they are talking about. Mine ended up seizing up so try to get this done before that happens.
Thanks Muddy. It's booked in tomorrow to have some parts replaced (will post what they are once it's done) under warranty.

·
Registered
2008 XS Premium
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What kind of "transmission fluids" were used on the car?
They used the following fluids in the last service (50,000km):

Synstar GL 75W-90 (Rear Diff & Manual Transmission)
Caltex Havoline 10W30 (Engine Oil)

Car was serviced by a genuine Subaru Service Dealer.

·
Registered
2000 S/tb
3 Posts
As this is the matter to deal with gears, let me drop my problem here:-

I own Subaru Forester S/tb 2000 Model AT. For past four days, the POWER has been blinking, what should be the problem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts