Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone?

February2020 my family and I purchased an 09 Forester XT With 84000 miles on it from an older couple at a very good price.

It only took about a month for me to be back on my B.S.

First thing that I picked up was the Cobb Stage1+SF.

Next I kept seeing, (IMO) the beautiful sports grill and those awesome older F emblems. Then after late nights of image searches I noticed the under spoiler. I was able to find the part number on here and went to my local Subaru. With both parts in hand I went to get them color matched. Here is where the car sits currently.

Now luckily after seeing it all together my wife loves it and think we should get the rear lip to match, don’t know how I pulled that off...? Still undecided what’s next? Perhaps suspension or wheels? Stage2? Hope you all enjoy it as much as we

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just ordered my downpipe from Cobb very excitied. cant wait to see the difference. Anyone have an idea of a good set of coilovers that are comfortable (enough) for the kids? I've been balancing between Fortune Auto and BC. So many friends are pointing towards BC. I've tried searching but no one has a follow up for comfortablility. Ive even read about some ISC?

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay so since my last post on here I have ordered an STI flex strut bar from my local Subaru. Dealer mentioned that it only says it fits the 12-13 wrx but I assure you it bolts on. Here is the part number if anyone would like it (E4010SC021). I also order a COBB alternator cover in black but considering I promised my daughter I would keep adding pink parts (plus I used to be obsessed with yoshio factory cars) I ordered the spray can of Cherry Blossom red from GRIMMSPEED. To bolt this onto the 2009-13 Forester you need to order part #23791AA002 which is a bracket for the alternator. We also painted the cover for the COBB intake then installed the COBB heat shield for the downpipe.

Lastly I finally ordered the black housing headlights for my09. Considering all the reviews mentioned they easily fog and lovingin south Texas where it easily get to 100% humidity, I went over the housing with silicone.

Couldn’t decide on coilovers, mainly because I wanted to keep a comfortable ride for the kids so I ordered a set of 2012 WRX struts and springs.

·
Registered
04 Forester XT 5MT
81 Posts
Nice. I love the STi cherry blossom red. It stands out well with all the black in the engine bay. I've thought about getting a can just to add some accents here and there.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice. I love the STi cherry blossom red. It stands out well with all the black in the engine bay. I've thought about getting a can just to add some accents here and there.
It adds a really nice touch! Staring at that pictures makes me really want to just clean my engine bay though 🤮🤮. Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts