Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
06 XSL Automatic
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious... the standard factory fitted fog lamps from the MY05 (and earlier) Foresters look absolutely massive compared to the MY06 fogs. Can anyone who's used both under similar conditions comment on whether the MY06 versions sacrificed function and effectiveness for looks?

·
Registered
06 XSL Automatic
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know much about projectors. Will it help if I just quoted the replacement bulb?

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
My 06 is US spec and does not have projector fogs. I think their set too deeply into the car and you don't get a lot of the wide overlap of light. Their ok on the sides. I think they work fine. I like my old Hella Micro DE lights better. Those were projectors.

·
Registered
06 XSL Automatic
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't get fog that often in Sydney, however the onset of winter (or god willing, heavy rain) in the next few months might change that. Can't really imagine that size doesn't matter when you look at the fog lamps.

As I said, just curious, it's not that I would be planning on adding more serious fog lamps anyhow. Do miss the rear fog lamp I used to have in my old Liberty/Legacy however. Used it to protest against idiotic BMW drivers who thought it was cool to turn on the fogs when their ain't any and irritate drivers following behind. Give them some of their own medicine back!

·
Registered
192 Posts
in general, the bigger the better.
free-form reflectors are good but projectors are better.

so if they are the same design and smaller, they are most likely not as good unless the design of the reflector has been significantly improved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts