Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2001 S-Turbo Auto
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MY00 Forester has the armchair seats with arm rests, appalling trim and of course side airbags!

I have accquired at a VERY low cost, MY03 Impreza front seats in black, with a rear seat cover from a wagon of the same vintage.

The MY03 seats have airbags in the them, but can I just plug them straight into the circuit, or am I risking them going off!!!

Any advice would be welcome!

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Pull the fuse first ....

·
Weasel Powered
62 Posts
I'm still not sure about the impreza MY98 jobbies I have in mine...they are a little too low for me and way too low for Jen! They have no height adjustment :(
Have the MY03's?
Anybody put some powered Legacy seats in? Or anything else with a bit more height?

Nigel

·
Premium Member
2001 S-Turbo Auto
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could just not plug in the seats, and use the resistor modification! ;)

Nigel, the Impreza seats from a MY99 and newer, have height adjustment. As do the WRX seats I have! ;)

I have to wait until I have a dry day, day light and some time! :eek:

·
Premium Member
2001 S-Turbo Auto
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot to ask, if I pull the fuse, will it disable the airbag light?

Does it have a knock on effect on any of the other air bags?

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
Folks, :help1:

Have just bought the front seats from a 2003 Bugeye Impreza to swap out with my Forester seats and wondered if I'd need anything to swap them over, ie any extra parts.

Couldnt refuse these as they where an absolute steal. They have never been used in a car as the motor they came from had the interior ripped out of it and a rally interior installed. The seats have been sat in a friends garage under a plastic sheet ever since.

If the weather is nice :neutral: i'll be doing them on Sunday, I know its a little to much to expect but hope there a straight swap over or my sub frame will swap over to the new seats?

mike

·
JDM Foz [sold]
4,385 Posts
For future reference the seats from a 2003 impreza will swap straight over, the subframe is the same.

The only thing I had to swap from the old to the new seats was the seat belt clip as the impreza must be different, the foresters seats belts wont lock. The plastic covers which hide the rear bolts wont fit back on properly as the shape of the runners is different.

Total time to swap 2 seats - 30 minutes.

Tools needed - 14mm socket or spanner.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've got a pair of these seats for sale if anyone's interested. Had them for the S/tb but don't need them for the XT.

Regards Obi

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
obi said:
I've got a pair of these seats for sale if anyone's interested. Had them for the S/tb but don't need them for the XT.

Regards Obi
Name the price, if its reasonable I'll consider :)

Edit: Just realised I'm in the Europe section.. shipping would cost more than the seats :shock:

·
Premium Member
97 s/tb
983 Posts
obi said:

Regards Obi
:ttiwwop:

:devilgrin

·
Weasel Powered
62 Posts
So what is the verdict on the new seats?
Come on 2 people with new seats...no piccies..or comments about em?

Can you make them the same height at the old seats? Are they comfy for big lads (Andy? :grin: )?

Questions questions...

Nige.

·
Premium Member
2001 S-Turbo Auto
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My seats are still sat in my garage, and the car on my mums drive. Job will be tackled end of this month when I get my car back! :eek:

·
JDM Foz [sold]
4,385 Posts
Ira,
Here you go "Oh pedantic one" :poke:

Nigel C

I love the way these hold you in over the standard seats, however the leg padding is a bit to much for those of a large disposition, ie ME! I can image on a long journey i'd get annoyed with how that feels on the side on my legs! They do feel as comfy, however the furthest I've been whilst sat in them is 35 miles. I have a big trip at weekend and we'll see how they feel then. They also feel a little higher but according to my tape measure they arent!

All I need to do now is give them a good clean, but I cant complain they only cost me £10!!!!

mike

·
Premium Member
3,143 Posts
Those look superb ... did you get to reconnect the airbags ?

<thinks.....now who do I know with spare interiors ...>

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,787 Posts
Are they the same as the pictures posted by mykp?

What colour?

What did you pay for them?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts