Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo Manual
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have one?
I know the Impreza didn't get them until the Bugeye, so I wouldn't have thought I would have one. But watching a video from an Australian tuner, he said earlier Foresters have them, but didn't say the years.

·
Registered
2014 Fiesta Zetec S Manual
1,038 Posts
Is it a facelift model? My old one did have one as I swapped it for a decat. I've got one with no cat for sale if you want one.

·
Registered
2005 2.0XT Auto
461 Posts
I'm pretty certain the uppipe cat came in with the XT (in the UK anyway). So you should have a straight through classic pipe.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
The facelift S Turbo had the cat in the up pipe, it has the same exhaust setup at the XT throughout. Pre-facelift is classic layout.

·
Registered
1997 forester stb manual
1,434 Posts
Uk also ...we have 2 in our family and I have just sold another through my business and put a 53'' classic length centre pipe on that ...all of them classic layout ( down pipe , centre section , backbox ) they are all pre 2002 facelifts though so I think they came in with the Xt layout a bit later ;)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Interesting, my S Turbo was a MY01 on a 51 plate, and that had the four piece exhaust setup, with three cats. God know what Subaru were thinking with that one.

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo Manual
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies. Yes Its a facelift, but I already have a decat up lined up. Just wanted to find out before hand.
thanks again.

·
Registered
01 UK S-Turbo AT
1,556 Posts
Interesting, my S Turbo was a MY01 on a 51 plate, and that had the four piece exhaust setup, with three cats. God know what Subaru were thinking with that one.
Just to follow up my MY01 on an 'X' plate had the 4 piece with the three cats. Now one less cat and custom built from 1st cat-back, retaining 4-piece set up if I want to put back or sell on etc... Want a bell mouth DP ideally and decat up as well (!!)

I understood that the facelift SF was pretty similar to the first SG mechanically. The changeover involved major upgrades all over and one giveaway is the lack of dizzy on top of the intake manifolds. The facelift SF is also OBD- compliant, I believe. But this could be misinformation... (Don..?)

The JDM foresters all ran a similar set up. Pre fade lifts have a three piece and all the STi s I've seen (face lifts) ran the 4 piece as per a EDM (or UK) S Turbo though one had an STI marked backbox).

S and t tb-s are all pre-facelift as far as I can tell and all were manufactured for non European markets.

Mike

Mike

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts