Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife apparently bumped the driver's side rear door closed with her nice, but boney a$$ causing a dent. Retired dancers tend to over achieve with "the bump":roll:

Anyone have advice on getting that bugger out? It is right in front of the handle and isnt very attractive. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thx for you time

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
Honestly, though I've never tried it myself, I've heard that those paint-less dent repair places are really good at this sort of thing.

Actually, now that I think about it, we DID have it done once. As part of the condition of sale when we bought our long-lost used Maxima almost 10 years ago, we made the dealer get a very tough one fixed - it was right at the edge of the door, where the metal is folded over from the exterior surface of the door to the interior surface. Given the location, they did not get it absolutely perfect but it was not noticeable unless one was actually looking to find it.

Around these parts, there was a really bad hail storm last year and a lot of shops got really good in a really big hurry. Worth shot and the price is right...

·
Registered
192 Posts
my donkey doesn't really have fat on it either and i did this to my old suburban in front of my friends.

i bumped the door shut and walked away and noticed all my friends pointing and laughing. i turned around and saw that i put a dent in it with 2 corners one above the other. the bow between the corners was more than 2 ft long. without flinching i walked back up to the car and gave it a good kick at the bottom corner and the whole thing poped right out.

my friends just laughed harder....

if you try this on your subaru, i did NOT tell you to. but, maybe a good tap with the bottom of your fist on the corner is all it needs.

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
GatorXT said:
Anyone have advice on getting that bugger out?
Change the house locks and call a divorce lawyer...

oh you mean the bugger of a dint!

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dicknose said:
Change the house locks and call a divorce lawyer...

oh you mean the bugger of a dint!
:spinnasmiley:

·
Sydney Dinner Organiser
MY05 XT luxury
1,694 Posts
Probably just as well I didnt quote the bit where you said it isnt very attractive!

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
My 12 yr old son did same thing last year. I used a suction cup we use to pick up floor tiles in a computer room floor to just pull it right out. Then a small ding puller to deal with the small remaining dents. Results were very good.

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thx noel/frank............. I will look into both after I get back from Sebring.

·
Premium Member
2012 GTI DSG 6-speed
1,463 Posts
GatorXT said:
I will look into both after I get back from Sebring.
Ahhh... Going to the race. My folks have a place down near Bavington. I hope to make the race again some day. Good luck with the dent.

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
Cisko said:
try wetting the door and use a plunger!
it worked on my silverado truck!
I have seen that work before. As long as no creases were made, the sheet metal can pop back into place. Just clean the plunger before it touches the Suby.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts