Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester 2.5X Manual w/ Ko'2
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey, I recently did some mods to my Front and Rear Sway Bars! Since I teased it in another thread subject, I though I could make a specific one for it so people can chime in.
Intake Mod (where the thread started) -> https://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f87/intake-manifold-leaks-updated-797923/#post7525529

The Setup;
Front Kart Boy endlinks.
Front polyurethane (energy) mount bushings.
Front stock 21mm sway bar.
-
Rear Kart Boy endlinks.
Rear inner lca polyurethane (superpro) bushings.
Rear Whiteline 19mm ajustable Sway Bar w/braces.

Here's the quotes;
Are you sure the rear sway bar is an improvement? Over three Foresters, my conclusion is to leave the rear sway bar alone and beef up the front. The overall effect of the stiffer front bar is is to stiffen the whole car.

Adding a bigger sway bar in the rear makes everything strange. Lowering the vehicle helps by reducing the tendency to roll, but lower all 4 corners. There are other threads on this, and varying opinions, so do some reading.
Yes I am sure of the improvement. The Rear Sway bar is only a tiny 16mm where the front is already beef to 21mm. That 16mm in the rear makes the car under-steer in a corner (even more noticeable when slippy) and makes the rear end handle like a floating boat on water.
Increasing the size of the rear closer to the front has improved a lot the rear handling even with stock suspension. The rear end is way more flatter during cornering, you can definitely notice this.
I will have to put more mileage on before commenting about the under/over -steer.
The car is now just overall more stable on the road. Steering response is improved too.
The only very small cons I can think of would be the feeling of harder to turn steering wheel. But hey, that could be just me, and also I have no idea about the actual alignment specs at the moment. I am waiting for the coilovers drop to take it to the alignment shop.

That is my feedback so far... Only 100+km done yet.

Next is the Coilovers install. I have them but I want to do the whole body lift removal... Btw I have another thread with that matter -> https://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f70/forester-factory-spacers-suspension-795333/

·
Registered
2010 Forester XS 4-AT
90 Posts
I agree... Same modification made as well. Also look at diff mount Inserts if you haven't done them. I like your coloured LCAs

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I agree... Same modification made as well. Also look at diff mount Inserts if you haven't done them. I like your coloured LCAs

Differential mounts is something I am looking forward yes! (Another user has posted something about them recently...)
Just too many things on the list and the gf gotta stop me haha. Thanks!

edit: Well I just notice that ''the other user'' that posted about the mounts is you haha!

·
Registered
2013 Forester XT
279 Posts
I went with a set of Eibach sways from an STI. 25mm front and 22mm rear. The amount of sway made a huge difference. I personally would want to upgrade both at the same time. Its a good matching set and not all that hard to replace.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went with a set of Eibach sways from an STI. 25mm front and 22mm rear. The amount of sway made a huge difference. I personally would want to upgrade both at the same time. Its a good matching set and not all that hard to replace.
That looks like a serious setup for sure!

For my part I decided to keep the ''not so small'' 21mm front because I have so many mods on my list (including the cusco coilovers already purchased). I didn't feel like spending 300-400$cad on that front bar, so I recycled, improved his links and bushing to poly instead.
The rear was real weak though, @16mm stock!

Keep posting!

·
Registered
2010 Forester XS 4-AT
90 Posts
I've scored some sti arms and replaced the bushings with siberian bushings. Bought new ball joints, just a matter of installing now. I've cleaned them up first. Bought some poly bushings for the front stab bar as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've scored some sti arms and replaced the bushings with siberian bushings. Bought new ball joints, just a matter of installing now. I've cleaned them up first. Bought some poly bushings for the front stab bar as well.

Nice grab! Please keep me informed about those! I knew they were bolt-on but it looks like the sway bar endlinks attachment tabs are at different positions on the arm, then you must use a STI front sway bar setup? Since I wanted to keep the stock front sway bar I totally forgot about this upgrade.

Please correct me if I am wrong! I've never tried them myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts