Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '07 L. L. Bean and drove from Tampa Bay to Knoxville last Thanksgiving to celebrate with my Sister and her family. Took my nephew, Travis (college student and works at Home Depot), and others for a ride. He's had a couple of Hondas and an older Blazer that kept giving him problems. Actually he wrecked the Accord. Hit a guywire of a telephone pole!

Guess he liked my Subie as he just bought a '96 Outback. I am so honored and proud! It's got 150K on the odo and all records from 2 owners. His mom, (my sister) told me about it. She says it is really a great little car with leather interior and in very good shape. Couple of dents but that's about it.

He'll call me soon, she says, to tell me about it. It's making me proud to have helped introduce the Subaru line into my family!

Couldn't think of a better vehicle for Tennessee terrain in the winter. And now he can do some off-roading. Will send some photos after he sends them.

Also: my sister was extremely impressed with my Foz and would love to own one! Ain't that cool!!?

FYI
Rick

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,259 Posts
Rick,

Great story! I have six nephews, and it's always gratifying to see one of them make a good decision based in part on advice from their eldest uncle. :icon_biggrin:

I have a "reverse" story to offer: My decision to buy our '09 Forester was influenced by a test drive I took in a nephew's ~'07 Impreza 2.5i wagon 5MT. :icon_cool:

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

·
luvin' it
2008 Forester Sports XT 5-speed manual
819 Posts
That's really awesome. A friend of mine once told a group we were hanging out with that her dream car is a Subaru because of the all wheel drive! :biggrin: Imagine, being in a mutual discussion about cars we dream about owning, and someone other than you saying, "Subaru!" :icon_razz:

·
Registered
2007 Forester
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rick,

Great story! I have six nephews, and it's always gratifying to see one of them make a good decision based in part on advice from their eldest uncle. :icon_biggrin:

I have a "reverse" story to offer: My decision to buy our '09 Forester was influenced by a test drive I took in a nephew's ~'07 Impreza 2.5i wagon 5MT. :icon_cool:

Regards,
Jim / crewzer
That is one hot little wagon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts