Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Admins please move to the appropriate place..
A few weeks a go I got an alignment and now I have noticed my steering wheel is turned to the left a bit. It drives straight but the steering wheel is about 1/2" turned to the left.. any ideas?

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring
1,067 Posts
Same thing happened with mine. I got it aligned and now it's slightly turned to the left when I go straight.

I went to a different store (to have it re-checked at about 3 months) and they said they aligned it with the wheel straight... but it's doing the same thing.

I was thinking of bringing it back and telling them exactly what the issue is.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
It is very difficult to get the wheel perfect. I always tell them to make sure my wheel is staright, and sometimes it takes 3 tries. There is a lot of slop in th estock rack/bushings.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh ok.. well I'll go back and have em take another crack at it. Thanks for the info. I was like what the hell happened.

·
Registered
Ah crap.. I'm back with my 05 XS
8,296 Posts
YEah.... My wheel is still cocked to the right after 4.5 years... keep on aligning.. same.. changed to superpro stiff bushings.. same.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,128 Posts
Well my shop does the alignment and especially the toe with you in the car holding the wheel. neoshi I thought you go to West End?

Unless you have worn parts I think a lot of you need to look for a competent alignment shop. It is called an "alignment". It's just sloppy work when the wheel isn't straight. The only time my wheel was ever cocked was when I was young and dumber and hit the curb a lot...

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,589 Posts
I had this issue with a previous vehicle I owned, a nonSubaru. The steering wheel was not where I thought it should be after a wheel alignment. I had to take it back several times before the wheel was where I wanted it to be when I was going straight. :frown:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

1 - 8 of 8 Posts