Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I recently purchased my second Subie, a 1998 Forester L. My first Subaru was a 1995 Legacy L Wagon that had a 2.2L motor. Great, beautiful running car but I was rear-ended and the car was totaled out by insurance. My Forester tha tI have currently has about 213,000mi on the odometer and it's definitely exhibiting signs of the dreaded HG failure on the Phase I DOHC 2.5 motors. Overheating randomly, I believe also partially because of the HOT Las Vegas summer we're currently experiencing. In light of said recent HG failure, I'm looking a shade tree mechanic that can perform the replacement for a price. Like I said I'm in Las Vegas, NV so if you or anyone you know can do the job and/or assist with me doing I'd appreciate you sending them my way.

I have grown fond of Subaru as a car brand, obviously new to the forum so look forward to exploring and finding more wisdom.

-Robin

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT Manual
292 Posts
Welcome from another 1998 Forester owner in Las Vegas.
You should try checking out flat4lv.com, there are a few local mechanics that might be able to help you out with the HG problem or at least point you in the right direction.
Other than that, enjoy your new (to you) car!

Joe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts