Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a Livin Lite Quicksilver 6.0 popup. Here's the manufacturer's picture: opened up for occupancy, and buttoned up for travel.

The RV industry isn't really set up for easy online sales. They seem to operate more like automobile dealers or even used car lots. Despite being called 'dealers' by the actual manufacturers, they pretty much seem to operate by buying a few from lots of different manufacturers that they think they can move, and then trying to get people to show up in person so they can lean on them. And they're probably not too awfully interested in bottom-of-the-line popups vs. big Winnebagos. I couldn't find ANY of this model for sale here in New England, and ended up with a dealer near Buffalo who had one of last year's models still in stock.

That said, my dealings with them went very well.

It will be a month or so till we can get out there to pick it up, but we've put down a deposit and are pretty sure that it will all work out OK.

What was special about this make and model? All aluminum construction--no steel, no plywood (except for interior furnishings). Good for New Hampshire winters. Very light weight (650 lb), easily within Forester towing range. It sleeps two in generous comfort, plus room for two guests (e.g. grandkids) when required. The popup opens sideways, so you don't even have to unhitch it when just making a brief overnight stop. Only 5 feet wide, for good aerodynamics when towed.

Link to the manufacturer's site

More to follow.

·
Administrator
19,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It could be coming out your way, Mike, in conjunction with visiting our daughter and family in Edmonton.

·
Administrator
19,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that's another thing. Many places don't like to reveal pricing.

Basic model runs about $6k. Add 1k for a pretty full set of accessories, e.g. Coleman stove, awning, shades, outside table, fan, etc.

·
Administrator
19,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice.

We didn't use ours at all last summer. Things just got too busy. This summer, I hope.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts