Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new snout is a Syms grill. I had wanted to paint it before installing it but I got a little anxious. Put it in before beginning the exhuast install yesterday. It came off a black 98' ( Roo's old one as a matter of fact). I still plan on painting the outside (non mesh) acadia green to match the rest of the body.

The only problem I had was the fact that it was only shipped with one L-shaped mounting bracket that was a little bent up. My friend and I had some scrap metal laying around which we first cut, then bent, then welded a nut onto to make our own bracket. Because of this, there is a slight gap beween the top of the grill and the hood, and between the grill and the head lights. This probably bothers me more than anyone else, but oh well. I will try to come up with something. Tell me what ya think:

·
Premium Member
2019 Forester Touring
2,988 Posts
I LIKE it!!! Just paint it to match your green and it'll look sweet.........

Anything to differentiate your car from all the others out there, so long as it's done well and tastefully, is a worthy goal.

Enjoy it..

Steve "I Love My New Grill Too"

·
Registered
2005 Legacy GT
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it seems "sometime" happened sooner rather than later. Today I went to a local place called color masters and gave them my paint code. 20 min. later they had acadia green in a spray can ready for me. We gave it two coats of white primer (which mosquitos seem to be very attracted to, kept having to pull them out), then sanded it with the aid of soap and water. After that the green spraying began. IMHO it looks 1000X better green. I think that color masters matched the both the color and metallic paint very well. More pics tomorrow.:cool:

Oh yeah, there are two unlucky flies who happened to wander into the green paint. Can't see em' till' you get real close though :drive:;-). Color coded, I personally love the grill. Don't even mind the gaps now that its not glossy black.

EDIT: spelling

·
Registered
2006 XTA
551 Posts
Slightly different, but avatar is new Scoop on my '06 XT - an '02 WRX STi one.
I liked the natural plastic polished black effect which matches the blacked-out grille. I put it to a vote on GTrydaz.com and got 100% thumbs down!
I'll have it painted body colour soon :roll:
Cheers :cool:

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
FourXTer said:
Slightly different, but avatar is new Scoop on my '06 XT - an '02 WRX STi one.
I liked the natural plastic polished black effect which matches the blacked-out grille. I put it to a vote on GTrydaz.com and got 100% thumbs down!
I'll have it painted body colour soon :roll:
Not to be a thread thief, but FourXTer, where did you get your scoop??

·
Registered
2006 XTA
551 Posts
Most come from japanparts.com but they were out for a while so managed to score one locally luckily, but there are plenty available in U.S. - prepainted too!
This model fits directly onto 04 - 06' XT and is 1" higher.

·
Ze flying Russian
2007 STI
2,008 Posts
ScoobyDoobie said:
My new snout is a Syms grill ...
Personally I don't think it feets the color/shape of the car, but this is one of the areas where everybody needs to rely on their own taste rather than other people's. If it makes you happy that what's most important.

·
Registered
2010 dodge caravan auto
1,748 Posts
very nice painted!!! :drool: :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts