Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All done finally and I'm stoked!

Though I may go for the Ti autoknob now to tie the AC bezels in.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

It's a Kuda mounting base and charging cradle. I cut it apart so I could replace it's cable with my stereo's iPhone control cable. I could never get rid of engine whine with the Kuda cable anyway...

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
so.... how would one go about this with the 04 XT? since our AC knobs are different as far as labeling on the knobs verses on the panel it's self?
From what I've heard the 05 HVAC control panel is a straight swap for the 04. Once you have the 05 controls, you can use the overlays preacher mentioned.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
What's on the back of your 04 AC controls? The 05+ has a single wide plug, IIRC. I have a spare 07 unit somewhere I can take pics of. But Subtle sells 04 overlays as well.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
But Subtle sells 04 overlays as well.
O RLY?

Maybe my 4 cans of Plasti-dip will come in handy after all... I've been holding off on the center console painting because I thought the overlays were only for the 05 buttons.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
943 Posts
O RLY?

Maybe my 4 cans of Plasti-dip will come in handy after all... I've been holding off on the center console painting because I thought the overlays were only for the 05 buttons.
but 04 has the print on the center panel, if you paint it you will paint over the temp numbers, fan speed numbers, and the vent select images.... thats why i ask if an 05+ would work with mine because then i can paint the panel and not paint over things, my rear wiring plug has TWO plugs

·
Banned
2007 XT Sports Manual
6,414 Posts
but 04 has the print on the center panel, if you paint it you will paint over the temp numbers, fan speed numbers, and the vent select images.... thats why i ask if an 05+ would work with mine because then i can paint the panel and not paint over things, my rear wiring plug has TWO plugs
Ah, you know the settings. Plus, if you look at the dial panel, you have lil' led lights that light up and show you what setting it's on.

Yes, we have 2003-2004 (split knob) and 2005-2008 vinyl overlays for the AC knobs available. We even have a hazard button overlay that fits (03-08)...maybe 98-02 guys too, not + though!

Here are some pictures:

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Nice catch. Though it looks a lot like the stock 4EAT shifter to me, just with leather. I guess the stock plastic 4EAT one is longer and thinner.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts