Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and I hope you enjoy your "new to you" Forester Premium 5MT!

Note that your car is fitted with the new-in-2011 "FB25" engine. Some owners have experienced mild-to-significant engine oil consumption, so you might want to check the level regularly until you have an idea about how your particular car peforms. See Section 11, Maintenance, in your owner's manual.

For example, our '12 Forester Premium 5MT w/ FB25 consumes virtually no engine oil locally, but, depending on oil weight, can use from one- to two qts. per 5K miles out on the highway.

HTH, and enjoy!
Jim / crewzer

P.S. The link above doesn't seem to work (link fixed).

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
Welcome from OKC.

Your link has the ] at the end hyperlinked.

To post the image, go to the image you want to share, click the box with arrow in the lower corner on Flickr. Grab the BBcode link and copy/paste here.

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
Your link has the ] at the end hyperlinked.
Fixed!

Thx,
Jim / crewzer

·
Registered
2012 Forester Perm 5MT
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ask the PO about oil usage, he said about 1/2 quart in 5K my and after a he changed to 0 30 usage was maybe a half quart. MY 97 Outback always used a quart every 3K or so.so I'm used to it.
<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/11757741526/player/e760b9c809" height="480" width="640" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
2012 forester auto
116 Posts
Congrats on the forester. I have a 2012 forester as well. I haven't had the oil issue but I still check everytime I fill up just to be sure.

·
Registered
2012 Forester Perm 5MT
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First thing after getting it registered is tires. I'm surprised how worn they are with 35000 on them, on my outback I got 75 out of a set of touring TA's. So now the quest to decide what tires. I hate buying tires.

·
Registered
2014 EFJ Forester Touring CVT
82 Posts
First thing after getting it registered is tires. I'm surprised how worn they are with 35000 on them, on my outback I got 75 out of a set of touring TA's. So now the quest to decide what tires. I hate buying tires.
Check out Toyo Versado CUV's we had them on our last SUV and they were outstanding. Quieted the road noise remarkably.

Best of luck with your new baby!

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,717 Posts
If you want to go anywhere in the snow...keeping good tires on is a must. Generally Subaru is pretty easy on tires. But even with good wear, 35K miles is about as you would want to run a good all season tires and have decent snow performance..IMHO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts