Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
2010 Forester 4EAT
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So,

On September 9, 2010. I purchased my 2010 Subaru Forester from Nalley Toyota in Roswell GA. It had 24,000 some odd on it when I purchased it. I have been slowly modding it to get it the way I like. I'm still playing the warranty game with Subaru right now. Thus, I don't want to go to heavy on mods that may "void the warranty".

List of mods done thus far

Engine
AEM dry flow air filter
Rallitec plug wires
NGK Iridium IX plugs
SPT oil filler cap

Interior
Subtle solutions aluminum dead pedal
Momo Subaru shifter
Synthetic leather seat covers in front
X touring aluminum alloy pedal kit
Weather tech floor mats

Wheels/Brakes
Sparco Assetto Gara gold wheels 16x7.
Stoptech pads
Centric premium rotors

Suspension
2011 WRX struts and 2011 WRX springs with Forester top hats
Power flex rear adjustable camber kit.
White line roll center adjustment kit.
19mm STI rear sway bar.
Whiteline 22mm front sway bar non adjustable
WRX upper control arms
Kartboy front and rear endlinks

Upcoming mods
Grimmspeed light weight crank pulley
Rallitek Transmission insert
Obx header waiting until engine warranty runs out to install.
Window tint
Subaru Bug deflector (already received) (came without some hardware)
Fog lights aka running lights
Camelia red pearl front under spoiler (hopefully ordering soon)
Rear spoiler in camelia red pearl.
16" steel rim to make full size spare..(already have)
Hood scoop
Magnaflow or SPT exhaust

·
Registered
2007 Forester Premium
1,923 Posts
Nice journal so far. Interesting mods but please...please just embrace the N/A. Adding a scoop will just make people shake their heads. It's just as bad as sticking Autozone "turbo" and "special edition" decals on.

2010 Forester 4EAT
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice journal so far. Interesting mods but please...please just embrace the N/A. Adding a scoop will just make people shake their heads. It's just as bad as sticking Autozone "turbo" and "special edition" decals on.
I thought the gorilla cai had to have a hood scoop to work properly?

2010 Forester 4EAT
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah, didnt see you were looking into the gorilla cai. Although it looks cool, the minimal gain, if any will have me spend that money on something else. If you're set on it, let us know how it works out.
Well, I would like the na to have slightly over 200 horsepower. I know it can get there with an exhaust, headers, and probably a delta cam regrind. But more is better in my opinion. Aside from that I know few people that have an "all motor" N/A that is pretty fast.

2010 Forester 4EAT
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys,

I wanted to add that if you go with a power flex rear camber kit like I did on the upper control arms it is a bit different than using the forester upper control arms. With the forester upper control arms the bushings had to be pressed out and then the power flex camber kit installed and then it would allow camber to be adjusted. The WRX control arms were different. Through trial and error I discovered that when you press the bushings out of the WRX upper control arms and install the power flex camber kit you cannot adjust it. Thus, we had to press the bushings back in to the WRX upper control arms and then install the power flex camber kit. At which time it allowed for adjustment of the camber via the camber kit.

This is the camber kit that was used. I just transferred it over from the forester control arms to the WRX control arms instead of buying a new one. You will need one of each of these so it will set you back about 250.00

PowerFlex Adjustable Camber Rear Arm Bushings (Rear) | Mann Engineering

Now I am irritated because the 22mm Whiteline sway bar I ordered and installed that is non adjustable is sitting on the exhaust and causing a rattle and a lot of of vibration. You would have thought Whiteline would have put a bend in it like the OEM one had. I guess I am going to have to have the exhaust re-routed ever so slightly. If I can even do that.

I don't know if this will help anyone or not but I did mine slightly different from Nollie.

This is on a 2010 forester x

I installed the following components

2011 WRX front and rear struts and shocks with WRX springs.
2008 WRX Upper control arms with a power flex rear camber kit
Whiteline roll center adjustment kit in the front.
22mm non adjustable Whiteline sway bar in the front
19mm STI rear sway bar in the rear
Kartboy Endlinks front and rear

I did not change out the sub frame spacers or anything like that.

The WRX upper control arms I ordered were very greasy and dirty and had a small amount of rust on them. I sprayed them down and let them soak in non chlorinated brake cleaner. Once they were clean and dry and the rust and grease had come off into the bucket I primered them with rustoleum primer and then painted them with rustoleum flat black paint. I did this with a brush.

It handles really well to be perfectly honest. No more top heavy SUV feel. I am extremely happy with it. Now if I can just get rid of the exhaust rattle I will be good to go.

2010 Forester 4EAT
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My next upgrades will probably be whiteline steering rack bushings, whiteline alk, and power flex subframe bushings (comfort). Then eventually I will get a pair of the gt spec toe adjusters at some point in time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.