Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Post the URL somewhere, we'll make it work. Is it an NA?

Stan

·
Registered
05 XTi FMIC
2,564 Posts
Oh God, there is a 93 yellow one that is sitting outside this guys garage on my way to work and it is killing me. I asked what it would take and he said 2K. He has two others and a Spec so I keep bugging him as it just sits staring at me everyday on my commute

·
Registered
09 FXT
116 Posts
I've been seriously considering an LS swap as opposed to 1.8 forced....but hard to bite the bullet.

To answer the earlier question, yes, 16x9's with 225 R888's.

·
Registered
2013 XT
1,686 Posts
There's a guy thats a regular at the autox with his miata. I looked at his tires and he's squeezing in 275 rcomps on it. No wonder he gets Fastest time of day!

I'd love to have one with a supercharger on it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The miata's can put down great numbers in relation to their weight very easily and MUCH cheaper than the v-8 swaps(most v8 swaps end up costing in the ballpark of 12-20 grand, where a turbo setup would cost 2-6 thousand for the same HP). Lots of boosted miatas around. Jackson racing uses a small M45 charger, but it is much better to go with the MP62 if you feel you will be bit by the power bug!

I had turboed mine with a gt2554(yes a small VERY responsive turbo) injectors, intercooler, stand alone engine management, etc, and was in the ballpark of $2200 with about 220whp at 14psi where a stock 95 puts about 100ish whp. The car was pretty damn fast and felt even faster!

Internals of the engine can easily take 250whp but the 5-speed tranny starts giving out around those numbers(can be remedied with the 6-speed).

·
Registered
09 FXT
116 Posts
Fixed:icon_wink:
Very nice setup. I like your car a lot.
Thanks! I had just been looking at a set of 16's on Craigslist so had that in my mind. Thanks.

I think I would only ever do an LS swap if I was going to have two Miata's. Turbo for the track and LS for the street. I was hoping to do a 1.8 swap with Turbo this summer but funds are a touch low after doing everything else (Wilwoods, wheels, Recaro, Frog Arms and frame rails). So, probably will leave the 1.6 until next summer.

Anyhoo, thanks for the advice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts