Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
megan catback review

Alriight so I went ahead and bought a Megan type 2 catback for my 05 xt. Its bone stock other then the snorkus removal (if you consider that a mod). So I ordered from Modern Automotive performance, great guys by the way, and after being on backorder for about 2 weeks it finally arrived yesterday. I payed 350 shipped.

The thing was packed superb. My only gripe is a small dent on the top of the muffler but it probably happened before it left it warehouse.
It came with the gaskets, nuts, bolts, and the fittings for the stock and aftermarket DP.

Installation:
-My old catback was solid rust so getting the darn thing off was a pain in the
a--.

- So then I go to take the removable silencer out of the new catback and the thing wont budge. I tried the coat hanger method, greased it like crazy and the thing still wouldn't budge. After an hour struggle with it I shoved a crowbar down the silencer and the thing popped off easily.

- Putting up the new megan was easy. But you DO need larger hangers. About 2 inches longer then the stock ones. Also, I had to drill out the holes quite a bit on the last cat to get the bolts to fit.
- The third hanger on the axleback did not line up even close so I went ahead and put this metal strap around the pipe and then connected it to the hanger which took all of one minute. This is the stuff I used. http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/product-info/en/US/itw/00105/image/5/

The exhaust sits nice and snug now but sits about 2 inches shorter then the stock one. (Which isn't a problem for me at all.)

It sounds reaaallly nice. Not too loud but a very deep, throaty sound. I can really feel the bassey note when I get on it. The Megan uses complete 3 inch piping and its defiantly noticeable.

Performance wise, there is a noticeable increase in a high end power. And overall it feels more responsive. I LOVE this exhaust and would highly recommend it.
-I know the car is filthy right now ha

·
Registered
04 FXT, 61 Stude
1,742 Posts
I was debating between this setup and the SPT when I was shopping for catbacks. I ended up with the SPT because I snagged it for $200. I'm glad you're enjoying it and I'm really looking forward to the pictures, hopefully I won't regret my decision :biggrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts